Probono Communications Lead
We are currently seeking a Communications Lead volunteer to manage all external communications and social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and MailChimp. This is a volunteer position designed for an individual looking to give back, create impact, and gain valuable experience with a growing organization. The ideal candidate will live in the Central/North NJ area and be willing to donate their time for approximately 10-15 hours a week , the majority of which can be done remotely.
A successful candidate will have strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented. The Communications Lead will also be creative, passionate about our mission, have experience running successful social media campaigns, and be able to create and implement a strategy to increase the visibility of our organization.
The Communications Lead will work directly with the two Co-Directors and Chief of Staff to execute growth and increase impact.Communications Lead Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Communications Lead will be responsible for:
- Ensuring ARM’s external communications reflect best practices
- Generating content pertinent to our mission and designed to attract new funders, volunteers and partners
- Managing our social community, responding to inquiries, and encouraging dialogue across our platforms
- Collaborating with our whole team and providing management to our social media intern
- Participating in ARM meetings and events
Communications Lead Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Team management experience
- Previous experience implementing successful communications and social media strategies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with graphic design highly preferred
- Detail-oriented and willing to collaborate across the ARM team
Archangel Raphael’s Mission (ARM) is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) charitable organization with a dedication to engage and empower underserved at-risk populations through community collaboration. ARM seeks to restore personal dignity by creating a network of individuals and businesses that provide health, hygiene and various other support services.
Currently, we run several haircut programs and community-supported dinners, with plans to launch our first Mobile Assistance Unit (MAU) to provide health and human services to those in need, when they need it. The MAU is a trailer designed to house several human services functionalities including: health screenings, social work consults, hygiene and clothing resources, and more. The MAU is our first major investment in impacting those in need at scale. As such you will be playing a vital role in ensuring that the MAU and future human services continue to be successful and impactful.
About ARCHANGEL RAPHAELS MISSION INC
2101 Route 27, #182, EDISON, NJ 08818, US
ARM provides much needed personal hygiene and human services to homeless people in Middlesex County with the goal of raising each person's self-esteem and ultimately his/her quality of life.
ARM was born out of a push to do more. Most of our founders were Rutgers University Alumni and we often found that student engagement was limited to very scripted activities that treat philanthropy as a reactive rather than a proactive endeavor. We were tired of doing the least we could do, so we fixed that. ARM currently operates several events a year that focus on putting the wonderful private institutions that make New Brunswick and Middlesex County unique back to the service of its citizens. Oh, and did we mention, we want to retrofit a metro bus to bring free showers and connect service providers to guests! #JointheARMy and let's fight to make our community a little better, together.
We'll work with your schedule.
Across Middlesex CountyNew Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Must be at least 18
- Approx 10-15 hours a week
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience Team management experience Previous experience implementing successful communications and social media strategies Strong written and verbal communications skills Experience with graphic design