Probono Events Lead
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
We are currently seeking an Events Lead volunteer to manage the planning and execution of fundraising and community-based events. This is a volunteer position designed for an individual looking to give back, create impact, and gain valuable experience with a growing organization. The ideal candidate will live in the Central/North NJ area and be willing to donate their time for approximately 10 hours a week , much of which can be done remotely.
A successful candidate will have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and be detail-oriented. They will also be passionate about our mission and service to the community.
The Events Lead will work directly with the two Co-Directors and Chief of Staff to project manage within budget while generating ideas to increase ARM visibility and reach.Events Lead Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Events Lead will:
- Plan events from start to finish with an eye towards KPIs, target audience and objectives
- Brainstorm and implement ideas to enhance event success and ARM growth
- Prepare and adhere to budget
- Source partners, guests, and sponsors as appropriate to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Manage and oversee events on the day of including registration, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff and volunteers, organizing vendors, and managing take-down
- Assist with the implementation of event communications plans
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to event execution
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Team management experience and superior interpersonal skills
- Strong project management, organizational and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and willing to collaborate across the ARM team
Archangel Raphael’s Mission (ARM) is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) charitable organization with a dedication to engage and empower underserved at-risk populations through community collaboration. ARM seeks to restore personal dignity by creating a network of individuals and businesses that provide health, hygiene and various other support services.
Currently, we run several haircut programs and community-supported dinners, with plans to launch our first Mobile Assistance Unit (MAU) to provide health and human services to those in need, when they need it. The MAU is a trailer designed to house several human services functionalities including: health screenings, social work consults, hygiene and clothing resources, and more. The MAU is our first major investment in impacting those in need at scale. As such you will be playing a vital role in ensuring that the MAU, and future human services continue to be successful and impactful.
About ARCHANGEL RAPHAELS MISSION INC
2101 Route 27, #182, EDISON, NJ 08818, US
ARM provides much needed personal hygiene and human services to homeless people in Middlesex County with the goal of raising each person's self-esteem and ultimately his/her quality of life.
ARM was born out of a push to do more. Most of our founders were Rutgers University Alumni and we often found that student engagement was limited to very scripted activities that treat philanthropy as a reactive rather than a proactive endeavor. We were tired of doing the least we could do, so we fixed that. ARM currently operates several events a year that focus on putting the wonderful private institutions that make New Brunswick and Middlesex County unique back to the service of its citizens. Oh, and did we mention, we want to retrofit a metro bus to bring free showers and connect service providers to guests! #JointheARMy and let's fight to make our community a little better, together.
We'll work with your schedule.
Across Middlesex CountyNew Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training
- Approx 10 hours a week
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience Team management experience and superior interpersonal skills -Strong project management, organizational and communication skills -Detail-oriented and willing to collaborate across the ARM team