VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION- DOCUMENT PROOFREADER
STRIVE4You is seeking an individual to fulfill an important and meaningful role as we move forward to further our mission. The individual will provide essential editing and formatting for the development of our business letters, flyers, brochures, manuals and grant applications. Other essential responsibilities are to create accessible documents for the blind and low vision readers.
At STRIVE4You our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation, while educating professionals to better serve their clients. The STRIVE4You website will be coming soon at www.strive4you.org.
- Gain experience in editing and formatting in a nonprofit setting.
- Work collaboratively on multiple projects that would have a meaningful impact on STRIVE4You’s ability to carry out our mission.
- Help a nonprofit achieve its mission of serving people with disabilities.
- Check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured.
- Correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, terminology, jargon, and semantics.
- Ensure that the documents are accessible for the blind and low vision readers.
- Ensure the text is in line with the organizations standard formatting style.
- Checking text to ensure it is well written, logically structured and in the right style for the intended audience.
- Checking facts, dates and statistics are accurate.
- Double check that names, places and organizations are spelled properly.
- Suggest changes to enhance articles readability, conciseness and style.
- Check illustrations and captions are correct.
- Previous proofreading and editing experience required.
- Excellent written English, including good spelling and grammar
- A meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- A love of and feel for language.
POSITION TIME REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate is available 5-10 hours a month.
This is an unpaid position; course credit arrangements are gladly negotiated. Volunteers are highly valued members of the STRIVE4You team and contribute to making a significant difference in STRIVE4You’s ability to reach the end users. STRIVE4You will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.
300 Berkley Drive Apt A10, Madison, TN 37115, US
At STRIVE4You our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation, while educating professionals to better serve their clients; achieving an inclusive society for all.
Through our services and peer to peer programs we STRIVE each and every day to Achieve an inclusive and more productive society for all. We achieve this goal through our core principles of strength, training, recreation, inspiration, vitality, and empowerment (STRIVE).
Our programs include life skills and advocacy educational classes for transition aged youth, inclusive physical education classes for children of all ages, recreation and sports programs for people with disabilities, advocacy training. and peer to peer life coaching and mentoring from successful people of all abilities to assist them through their individual situations.
We also provide consulting, professional development opportunities, and outreach services to professionals in communities across the United States. These services are in the form of webinars, online courses, in-person hands on workshops, and trainings at conferences. All trainings are conducted by experienced qualified professionals eager to empower our communities through inclusive and quality education, to promote lifelong learning for all