Data, Research, and Evaluation Intern
6 people are interested
College and Career Pathways, Inc. (CCP) is a nonprofit 501c3 organization that provides academic support, college readiness, college success, and career development programming to students in Grades 9-16 from historically under-served populations in Prince George’s County, MD. The Data, Research, and Evaluation Intern will collaborate with and support both our site staff and our executive director in the collection, management, and interpretation of program data. The intern will also work with the executive director and capacity building specialists to navigate the early stages of preparing for a formal programmatic evaluation in the near future.
The position is part-time (10-20 hours per week) for one semester. We are recruiting for both fall and spring semesters. Specifically, duties of the Intern include the following:
- Work with the executive director and program site manager in the development of pre-tests and post-tests for programmatic activities;
- Collaborate with site staff to ensure that each student completes grade-level pre- and post-tests;
- Collect data from administered surveys and compile into usable reports and summative visuals and charts;
- Assist with data entry, data analysis, and drafting of reports (e.g., Student Tracking Forms, Monthly Program Reports, etc.)
- Provide input on ways to streamline the data collection, management, and reporting processes;
- Conduct a comprehensive review of best-practice assessment tools in the fields of college readiness, career development, and outreach for at-risk youth;
- Support the executive director in the research and identification of a new data management tool;
- Attend conferences, meetings, and convenings both local and out-of-state, when appropriate; and
- Other duties as assigned by the executive director. Qualifications:
- At least two years into undergraduate degree (Junior or Senior) --(a bachelor’s degree in education or social science degree and/or enrollment in a related graduate program preferred)
- Completion of at least one course in both statistics and research methods preferred
- Experience with managing data. Experience conducting quantitative research a plus;
- Strong technical skills, with ample proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel (Proficiency with Microsoft Access a plus!)
- Good written communication, organizational, and facilitation/presentation skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and problems solve as needed;
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with high quality control;
- Experience working with populations similar to those served by CCP a plus
Salary Range: This is an unpaid internship, but students can earn class credits.
Individuals interested in applying for the position should send their resume, cover, writing sample (1-3 pages) and list of references.
Visit our website at www.collegeandcareerpathways.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
About College and Career Pathways, Inc.
c/o Northwestern High School, 7000 Adelphi Road, Hyattsville, MD 20782, US
To facilitate postsecondary access and success for students from historically underserved communities, while increasing their awareness of the wide range of educational and career opportunities available to them
College and Career Pathways, Inc. (CCP), is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization that offers school-site and community-based college access and career exploration services to elementary, middle, and high school students throughout Prince George's County and the greater DC Metro area.
CCP was designed to assist schools and communities by providing supplemental resources and information that can help students prepare for enrollment in postsecondary institutions. CCP has developed research-based college access and career exploration programming designed to ensure that all students reached by the program graduate from high school with a solid plan for achieving their educational and vocational goals. CCP programs fall into one of four areas, including Early Awareness Activities, High School College Access and Career Exploration Services, the CCP Stars Alumni Program, and the CCP Masters Program.
To learn more about our programs and services, please visit our web site at www.collegeanadcareerpathways.org
We'll work with your schedule.
Northwestern High School7000 Adelphi RoadCollege and Career Center - Room C222Hyattsville, MD 20782
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Internship Duration and Hourly Commitment - Duration: 10-16 weeks (1 semester) o Option to extend into additional semester (including summer, winter/spring, and fall semesters) - Hourly Commitment: 10-20 hours (depending on individual availabilit