Artist Studio Tour Intern
3 people are interested
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated interns to join Venice Family Clinic’s Special Events Team. Studio Tour Interns will primarily assist in the production of Venice Family Clinic Art Walk & Auction. This iconic event is the Clinic’s largest annual fundraiser and interns have the opportunity to work closely with a team that has helped shape Southern California’s art scene. Venice Art Walk will be held at Google’s Los Angeles Headquarters on Sunday, May 3, 2020.
Help execute a 50+ artist studio tour that takes place on the day of Venice Art Walk. Artist studio tours gives patrons the opportunity to meet artists in their studios and ask questions and get to know their creative process. As an intern, you will have an opportunity to connect with prospective artists, get exclusive access to our esteemed roster of artists, gain valuable knowledge of the art market, and receive training to be a Studio Tour Docent. Most importantly, you will help the Clinic raise over $1 million in critical funds to provide nearly 28,000 low-income men, women, and children with access to comprehensive and quality health care.
Individuals with an education or interest in art history, teaching, and design are encouraged to apply. No prior experience necessary, but a familiarity with contemporary art and terminology is a plus.
Salary and Schedule:
This is an unpaid internship, but you may be eligible to earn college credit for your service hours. Internship start dates are flexible. Applicants would ideally work 2-3 shifts a week, and a minimum of 8 hours total during normal business hours (Mondays-Fridays from 9am-5pm).
Interns may be asked to fulfill additional hours during the week leading up to the events. Interns must commit to working the weekend of Venice Art Walk (Friday, May 1 - Sunday, May 3). We require interns to have reliable transportation and/or a valid driver’s license, as there will be some driving necessary. Interns must be able to lift up to 10lbs and be comfortable walking or standing for extended periods of time.
* Maintain artist files, archives, and organize inventory
* Heavy email correspondence with participating artists
* Coordinate logistics for artist studio tours
* Create content for marketing platforms and print collateral
* Provide general administrative support (i.e. organizing supplies, deliveries, mailings, etc.)
* Lead Artist Studio Tours on the day-of Venice Art Walk
* Train volunteers on the day-of Venice Art Walk
* Assist event-day execution (i.e. sign placements, supply organization, etc.)
Applicants Should Meet the Following Qualifications:
* Deadline and solution oriented
* Effective communicator and presenter
* Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and project management skills
* Ability to interact professionally with donors, visitors, and team members
* Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
* Familiarity of Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) a plus but not mandatory
Send a resume and cover letter (including proposed start/end date and weekly schedule) to VFCvolunteer@mednet.ulca.edu.
Contact Special Events Associate Director Tiffany Tse at TTse@mednet.ucla.edu or (310) 664-7930 for more information.
About Venice Family Clinic
We are located in Venice, Santa Monica, Culver City and Mar Vista, Venice, CA 90291, US
To provide quality health care to people in need.
Visit our website to view even more opportunities!
Founded in 1970 in a borrowed storefront dental office, the Clinic has grown into the largest free clinic in the nation. Founder Phillip Rossman, MD, and co-founder Mayer B. Davidson, MD, called upon friends and colleagues to help. That spirit of volunteerism prevails today with nearly 1,900 volunteers and $10.5 million in-kind contributions from hospitals, laboratories, specialty-care providers and pharmaceutical companies.
Programs and Services
The Clinic provides comprehensive primary health care, mental health services, health education and child development services, as well as public insurance enrollment to more than 21,000 patients, including approximately 5,500 children, who make over 116,000 visits. Prescription medicines are provided at no charge.
Patients, most of whom live and work in the Westside neighborhoods of Venice, Mar Vista, Santa Monica, Culver City, and Inglewood, are low income and lack private health insurance. Sixteen percent of the Clinic's patients are homeless.
We'll work with your schedule.
12099 Washington Blvd.Los Angeles, CA 90066
- Administrative Support
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Internship start dates are flexible. Applicants would ideally work 2-3 shifts a week, and a minimum of 8 hours total during normal business hours (Mondays-Fridays from 9am-5pm).
- Interns may be asked to fulfill additional hours during the week leading up to the events. Interns must commit to working the weekend of Venice Art Walk (Friday, May 1 – Sunday, May 3).