We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated interns to join Venice Family Clinic’s Special Events Team to assist in the production of Venice Family Clinic Art Walk & Auction. This iconic event is the Clinic’s largest annual fundraiser, and interns will have the opportunity to work closely with a team that has helped shape Southern California’s art scene. Venice Art Walk will be held at Google’s Los Angeles Headquarters on Sunday, May 3, 2020.
This role is responsible for aiding the Events Team during multiple campaigns throughout the year. Interns will develop and build a corporate portfolio by conducting research to identify prospective donors and prepare compelling letters of inquiry. This revenue stream helps raise over $1 million in critical funds to provide nearly 28,000 low-income men, women, and children with access to comprehensive and quality health care.
Interns will gain valuable knowledge and hands-on experience as they work closely with the Events Team to develop a deeper understanding of local markets. Interns must be comfortable with extensive internet research and are required to have professional phone etiquette.
No prior experience necessary but individuals with a history in retail/sales with proven results and a familiarity with the Los Angeles area is a plus.
This is an unpaid internship, but you may be eligible to earn college credit for your service hours. Internship start dates are flexible. Applicants would ideally work 2-3 shifts a week, and a minimum of 8 hours total during normal business hours (Mondays-Fridays from 9am-5pm).
Interns may be asked to fulfill additional hours during the week leading up to the events. Interns must commit to working the weekend of Venice Art Walk (Friday, May 1 - Sunday, May 3). We require interns to have reliable transportation and/or a valid driver’s license, as there will be some driving necessary. Interns must be able to lift up to 10lbs and be comfortable walking or standing for extended periods of time.
* Research and solicit in-kind support including but not limited to: donations, in-kind experiences, raffle, and silent auction prizes
* Correspond via email and phone with prospective partners
* Prepare letters of inquiry (i.e. proposals, applications, reports)
* Execute the plasma sponsor reel to ensure activations are met leading up to and day-of the event
* Collaborate with marketing, graphic design, and IT departments
* Provide general administrative support (i.e. organizing supplies, deliveries, pickups, mailings, etc...)
* Assist with event-day execution (i.e. sign/branding placements, supply organization, etc...)
* Train volunteers on the day-of Venice Art Walk
Applicants Should Meet the Following Qualifications:
* Deadline-and solution-oriented
* Effective communicator and presenter
* Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and project management skills
* Professionalism with donors, visitors, and team members
* Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, etc...)
* Familiarity with Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) a plus but not mandatory
Send a resume and cover letter (including proposed start/end date and weekly schedule) to VFCvolunteer@mednet.ulca.edu.
Contact Special Events Associate Director Tiffany Tse at TTse@mednet.ucla.edu or (310) 664-7930 for more information.
About Venice Family Clinic
We are located in Venice, Santa Monica, Culver City and Mar Vista, Venice, CA 90291, US
To provide quality health care to people in need.
Visit our website to view even more opportunities!
Founded in 1970 in a borrowed storefront dental office, the Clinic has grown into the largest free clinic in the nation. Founder Phillip Rossman, MD, and co-founder Mayer B. Davidson, MD, called upon friends and colleagues to help. That spirit of volunteerism prevails today with nearly 1,900 volunteers and $10.5 million in-kind contributions from hospitals, laboratories, specialty-care providers and pharmaceutical companies.
Programs and Services
The Clinic provides comprehensive primary health care, mental health services, health education and child development services, as well as public insurance enrollment to more than 21,000 patients, including approximately 5,500 children, who make over 116,000 visits. Prescription medicines are provided at no charge.
Patients, most of whom live and work in the Westside neighborhoods of Venice, Mar Vista, Santa Monica, Culver City, and Inglewood, are low income and lack private health insurance. Sixteen percent of the Clinic's patients are homeless.
We'll work with your schedule.
12099 Washington Blvd.Los Angeles, CA 90066
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Internship start dates are flexible. Applicants would ideally work 2-3 shifts a week, and a minimum of 8 hours total during normal business hours (Mondays-Fridays from 9am-5pm).
- Interns may be asked to fulfill additional hours during the week leading up to the events. Interns must commit to working the weekend of Venice Art Walk (Friday, May 1 – Sunday, May 3).