Special Events Intern
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated interns to join our Special Events Team to assist in the production of Venice Family Clinic’s three anchor events: Children’s Holiday Movie (Dec 2019), Venice Art Walk (May 2020), and Silver Circle Gala (Sep/Oct 2020). Our development teams at the Clinic raise over $10M each year to provide nearly 28,000 low-income men, women, and children access to comprehensive and quality health care. Be part of a passionate team that helps our shared community!
Interns will support the Special Events team with event production, donor management and research, general admin and operational duties, and interface with external stakeholders as needed. This role provides interns with invaluable hands-on leadership experience during events.
Individuals with an interest in event production, development/fundraising, and community relations are encouraged to apply. No prior experience necessary, but a familiarity with local events in the Los Angeles area is a plus.
Salary and Schedule:
This is an unpaid internship, but you may be eligible to earn college credit for your service hours. Internship start dates are flexible. Applicants would ideally work 2-3 shifts a week, and a minimum of 8 hours total during normal business hours (Mondays-Fridays from 9am-5pm).
Interns may be asked to fulfill additional hours during the week leading up to the events. Interns must commit to working the weekend of Venice Art Walk (Friday, May 1 - Sunday, May 3). We require interns to have reliable transportation and/or a valid driver’s license as there will be some driving necessary. Interns must be able to lift up to 10lbs and be comfortable walking or standing for extended periods of time.
* Correspond via email with external and internal stakeholders and donors
* Ensure accurate maintenance of records and donor information
* Research and solicit in-kind donations
* Support local stewardship and development/distribution of event marketing materials
* Provide general administrative support (i.e. supply organization, pickups, deliveries, mailings, etc.)
* Train volunteers on the day-of Venice Art Walk, Silver Circle Gala, and Children’s Holiday Movie
* Assist with event-day execution (i.e. sign placements, supply organization, etc.)
Applicants Should Meet the Following Qualifications:
* Deadline and solution orientation
* Effective communication and presentation skills
* Ability to interact professionally with donors, visitors, and team members in person and via email
* Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and project management skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
* Familiarity with Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) a plus but not mandatory
* Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
Send a resume and cover letter (including proposed start/end date and weekly schedule) to VFCvolunteer@mednet.ulca.edu.
Contact Special Events Associate Director Tiffany Tse at TTse@mednet.ucla.edu or (310) 664-7930 for more information.
About Venice Family Clinic
We are located in Venice, Santa Monica, Culver City and Mar Vista, Venice, CA 90291, US
To provide quality health care to people in need.
Visit our website to view even more opportunities!
Founded in 1970 in a borrowed storefront dental office, the Clinic has grown into the largest free clinic in the nation. Founder Phillip Rossman, MD, and co-founder Mayer B. Davidson, MD, called upon friends and colleagues to help. That spirit of volunteerism prevails today with nearly 1,900 volunteers and $10.5 million in-kind contributions from hospitals, laboratories, specialty-care providers and pharmaceutical companies.
Programs and Services
The Clinic provides comprehensive primary health care, mental health services, health education and child development services, as well as public insurance enrollment to more than 21,000 patients, including approximately 5,500 children, who make over 116,000 visits. Prescription medicines are provided at no charge.
Patients, most of whom live and work in the Westside neighborhoods of Venice, Mar Vista, Santa Monica, Culver City, and Inglewood, are low income and lack private health insurance. Sixteen percent of the Clinic's patients are homeless.
We'll work with your schedule.
12099 Washington Blvd.Los Angeles, CA 90066
- Donor Management
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Internship start dates are flexible. Applicants would ideally work 2-3 shifts a week, and a minimum of 8 hours total during normal business hours (Mondays-Fridays from 9am-5pm).
- Interns may be asked to fulfill additional hours during the week leading up to the events. Interns must commit to working the weekend of Venice Art Walk (Friday, May 1 – Sunday, May 3).