Therapeutic Day School Breakfast Volunteer
2 people are interested
- MISSION / VALUES RATIONALE
This position description is aligned with the mission and values for AMITA Health. Our mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus. We exist to serve the needs of our communities in harmony with Jesus’ healing ministry and incorporate Christian values at every level of service. We strive to meet or exceed both the service standards of the health care industry and the expectations of the patients we serve and measure our success through continuous surveying of patient satisfaction.
Under the supervision of office staff stock, prepare, and inventory breakfast and lunch items for students grades 3-12 with special needs for emotional disorders.
Under supervision of staff, and upon completing necessary orientation and training, volunteers may perform the following expectations.
- Sit in our cafeteria. Offer menu items to students who qualify
- Gather the items requested
- Inventory food items in the refrigerator
- Prepare replacement food orders bi-weekly. Our staff will order the food from dietary.
- SPECIAL NOTES
- Please keep patient confidentiality & privacy in mind at all times.
- Excellent customer service is required.
- If unsure of what to do in a situation, please ask an associate for help
7:45 set up
9am-9:30am clean up
9:30am inventory, office support as needed (filing)
11am - lunch time set up
11:26am 1:15pm lunch and clean up
Monday Thursday are critical fill days because of inventory.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center, GlenOaks
701 Winthrop Avenue, Glendale Heights, IL 60139, US
To Extend the Healing Ministry of Jesus
Adventist Midwest Health is an integrated health care system of outstanding quality. We work as a partner with patients, families and healers to achieve optimal health for our patients and the communities we serve. We provide unsurpassed value by using practices based on the most up-to-date evidence and by coordinating comprehensive care for every patient in a highly personal environment.
We'll work with your schedule.
135 Brandon DriveGlendale Heights, IL 60139
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer schedule: 7:45 set up 8am-8:30 breakfast 9am-9:30am clean up 9:30am inventory, office support as needed (filing) 11am – lunch time set up 11:26am 1:15pm lunch and clean up Monday Thursday are critical fill days because of inventory