Hospice Respite Volunteer Needed
Hospice respite Volunteer - would sit with patients for more than 2 hours. The respite is organized on the patient and his or her circumstances. For example: A patient could be in the active dying process or need companionship so loved one can take a break from caring duties.
Qualifications - Love, compassionate, and patience are important skills to have as a volunteer. If you don't have healthcare and/or hospice experience, that is okay! We offer training to each individual help to understand and become knowledgeable! You must be willing to clear a background check. Candidates must be over the age of 18 with a valid driver’s licenses.
What actions are needed? - Please complete the volunteer application. You can also contact the Grace Hospice Volunteer Coordinator, Stacy Elliott at (937) 293-1381. "I would love to speak with you."
To fill out an online volunteer application, follow the link below:
*Please make sure you select DAYTON Ohio Office in the selection box to make sure that I receive your application.
"Thank you for your interests in volunteering for Grace Hospice. I cannot wait to hear from you!"
About Grace Hospice-Dayton
3033 Kettering Blvd., Suite 220, Moraine, OH 45439, US
Our mission is: to provide excellence in end of life care to patients and support their families throughout the patient's life-limiting illness and beyond. To be the hospice recognized in the industry for providing the needed core services to patients and their families with the highest quality of care, compassion, and support while being the leader in innovative management and delivery techniques. Our hospice philosophy is considered to be the model for quality, compassionate care for people facing a life-limiting illness or injury.
- Compassionate, patient-centered approach to medical care and support for people at the end of life and their families.
- Focused on maintaining dignity, increasing quality of life, and providing comfort, including pain and symptom control
- Personalized plans of care created to meet the individual needs and wishes of patient and patient families.
- Available at all times, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- This support extends to family members, helping them cope with their own unique emotional and spiritual concerns.
We'll work with your schedule.
Dayton AreaDayton, OH 45439
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment is from 1 hour or more as needed.
- Willing to be present for patient observation and/or when patient is active in the dying process.