Family Stability Vista
THIS IS A PAID VOLUNTEER POSITION
Reporting to the Lead CAFSI Case Manager, the Family Stability VISTA will:
- Expand the existing resource guide that is easy to navigate and update.
- Research and engage the community to identify available resources and services for clients.
- Enhance tracking systems for client needs and coordinate ways to meet those needs.
- Recruit and grow the existing network of rental and utility assistance partners.
- Formalize partnerships and track partner contributions.
- Organize and host information sessions and events to educate stakeholders on homeless prevention and share opportunities for involvement.
- Formalize a referral system that simplifies external and intern referral processes.
- Capture client stories and develop content to share the narrative of homeless prevention.
- Assist with the planning of events, classes, workshops, and activities that promote the physical, financial, and emotional health of all clients.
- Review, evaluate, and revise existing materials and methods with the case management team
- Track and migrate data between systems.
This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of approximately $12,277 over the course of one year ($472.22 every two weeks). You also have the choice of one of two awards at the end of a successful year of service: a $1,800 cash stipend bonus or a $5,920 education award for future educational expenses or federal student loans. Health insurance is not available but required. Some additional health benefits are available to VISTA Members to help with the cost of co-pays and other medical expenses. Childcare assistance and relocation assistance are available to VISTA Members who qualify. Life insurance and 1 year of non-competitive eligibility are also available. Some professional development training opportunities are offered and paid for by Our House. You are responsible for your own housing, health insurance, and other living expenses.
All-year-round VISTAs will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Strong people skills. Able to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must commit to serving full-time (40 hours) for a one-year term
Please send a resume and cover letter to vistaleader[at]ourhouseshelter.org. Include the words "Family Stability VISTA" in the email subject line.
Our House is a drug-free workplace.
Founded in 1987, Our House is a comprehensive program for the working homeless serving over 1,700 clients annually. Our House’s mission is to empower homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active participation in the community. Operating on a 7-acre campus in central Little Rock, Our House provides working homeless and near-homeless individuals and families with shelter, housing, job training, education, children’s programs, and more to equip them with the skills to be successful in the workforce, the community, and their own families.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12,277.00 /year
About Our House
302 E Roosevelt Rd, Little Rock, AR 72206, US
Our House empowers homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active participation in the community.
Our House operates an 80-bed shelter, a 39-bed family housing program (18 family rooms), an education and job training center, a licensed child development center, and a feeding program that serves over 45,000 meals per year. Our House also offers additional free services that help people transform their lives. Services include one-on-one case management, after school and summer programs, parenting classes and job search assistance. Our House programs help people become successful members of the workforce, the community, and their own families.
We'll work with your schedule.
302 E. Roosevelt RdLittle RockLittle Rock, AR 72113
- General Education
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18