Donations Procurement Vista
THIS IS PAID VOLUNTEER POSITION
Founded in 1987, Our House is a comprehensive program for the working homeless serving over 2,000 clients annually. Our House’s mission is to empower homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active participation in the community. Operating on a 7-acre campus in central Little Rock, Our House provides working homeless and near-homeless individuals and families with shelter, housing, job training, education, children’s programs, and more to equip them with the skills to be successful in the workforce, the community, and their own families.
Reporting to the Director of Housing, the Donations Procurement VISTA will:
- Implement and manage the in-kind donations process
- Keep an inventory of basic and reoccurring needs
- Establish an efficient system to track in-kind donations and distribute tax receipts
- Set up a systematic process to thank donors and to maintain contact and relations with donors
- Establish partnerships with businesses, organizations, groups, and individuals in the community to consistently meet program needs.
- Encourage commitment of repeat donations
- Maintain an updated campus-wide wish list of items and updated calendar of drives
- Organize and coordinate special programs and events such as the annual holiday giving events
This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of $12,277 over the course of one year, plus a $5,920 Segal Education Award at the end of a successful one-year term of service. Health insurance is not available, but some health coverage to help with the cost of co-pays and other medical expenses are available to VISTA Members. Childcare assistance and relocation assistance are available to VISTA Members who qualify. Life insurance and 1 year of non-competitive eligibility for federal employment are also available. Some professional development training opportunities are offered and paid for by Our House. You are responsible for your own housing and other living expenses.
The Donations Procurement VISTA will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Strong people skills, with the ability to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12,277.00 /year
About Our House
302 E Roosevelt Rd, Little Rock, AR 72206, US
Our House empowers homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active participation in the community.
Our House operates an 80-bed shelter, a 39-bed family housing program (18 family rooms), an education and job training center, a licensed child development center, and a feeding program that serves over 45,000 meals per year. Our House also offers additional free services that help people transform their lives. Services include one-on-one case management, after school and summer programs, parenting classes and job search assistance. Our House programs help people become successful members of the workforce, the community, and their own families.
We'll work with your schedule.
302 E. Roosevelt RdLittle RockLittle Rock, AR 72113
January 15, 2020
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18