Saturday Action Auction Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Have you ever wanted to see what goes on behind the scenes at the Action Auction? CET is looking for volunteers to help in the studio during the live on-air broadcast of the 2020 Action Auction. Help is needed with various tasks from answering incoming calls, to placing the bids on the auction boards and everything in between. The first shift of volunteers begin with training at 2:30pm and are completed with their task by 6:00pm. The second shift starts training at 5:30pm and are finished by 9:00pm. the third shift begins with training at 8:30pm and ends at 11:30pm. Dinner is provided for all shifts!! Come join in the fun as we help raise money to support Greater Cincinnati's public television station.
- Sat Apr 25, 2020 - 02:30 PM to 06:00 PM
- Sat Apr 25, 2020 - evening / 05:30 PM to 09:00 PM
- Sat Apr 25, 2020 - evening / 08:30 PM to 11:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About CET - Greater Cincinnati Television Educational Foundation Inc.
1223 CENTRAL PKWY, CINCINNATI, OH 45214, US
CET is a leading provider of education and enrichment in classrooms and living rooms throughout Greater Cincinnati. Through PBS and local programming, innovative multimedia curriculum projects, parent workshops and teacher training, CET positively impacts millions of lives in our community.
- CET annually conducts approximately 100 free workshops for parents and in-home caregivers each year, focusing on everything from reading readiness, to conflict resolution, as well as how to make the most of children's television viewing.
- CET partners with a variety of organizations - including Head Start, Cooperative Extension Services, libraries, museums, arts organizations, learning institutions and local businesses - to educate and enrich the community around us.
- CET is a leader in stimulating community dialog. Through a national grant and partnerships with national and local organizations, CET's Common Ground Initiative got our region talking about race relations. More importantly, it helped get our region moving in the right direction.
- CET distributes 300 free books to children each month, opening young minds to a world of possibilities.
- CET is a technological dynamo, being the first public broadcasting station in Ohio to go digital and still the only station in Cincinnati to consistently broadcast in high definition. CET also multicasts, meaning it can broadcast multiple programs at the same time from the same channel.
- CET further puts its technology to work in video-on-demand services -- such as CETconnect -- enhanced television services, videostreaming and datacasting. Direct fiber optic access to satellite terminals and multiple levels of online and Internet services enable teachers to access specific programs for their classrooms any time."
And then there's the programming. For more than 50 years, CET has been bringing Greater Cincinnati television that stimulates the imagination, challenges the intellect, encourages achievement and celebrates diversity. News. The arts. Politics. Analysis. Humor. Education. The classics. They're all on CET, and they're all available in more ways than ever before.
1223 Central PkwyCincinnati, OH 45214
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- 3 - 4 hours