Community Engagement Vista at The Confess Project
1 person is interested
THIS IS A PAID VOLUNTEER POSITION
Founded in May 2016, The Confess Project has reached over 10,000 individuals across the country with mental health education, Organizing and grassroots advocacy. L&J Empowerment is an award-winning 501(3) organization that sponsors The Confess Project where its overall pillars focus on Mental Health/Suicide Prevention, Academic Success and Economic Prosperity. The Confess Project’s mission is geared towards boys and men of color to be expressive through practical, social, and analytical systems. Cultivating education and awareness of emotional and mental health. We have answered a critical call to action by being the only agency in the State of Arkansas that is the voice for men and boys of color in Mental Health Advocacy. We partner with middle schools, college institutions and barbershops where we train barbers to become Mental Health Advocates.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, The Community Engagement VISTA will:
- Expand and strengthen partnership networks within The Confess Project geographic reach.
- Recruit sponsors, volunteers, and participants for fundraising events.
- Recruit ambassadors and volunteers in the community to assist with organizational needs.
- Identify potential collaborators and plan informational meetings.
- Provide referrals to participants for mental health services.
- Recruit and manage community volunteers.
- Develop an outreach plan for target beneficiaries/participants.
- Recruit beneficiaries to participate in program.
- Solicit and track in-kind donations and volunteers for events.
- Coordinate prompt thanking of event donors and volunteers, including thank-you letters, cards, and other communications. Assist with other development activities including maintaining donor contact information.
- Request monetary and in-kind donations.
- Conduct informational meetings with potential partners and sponsors.
This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of $12,311 over the course of one year, plus a $5,920 education award or a $1,800 cash stipend at the end of a successful one-year term of service. Health insurance is available to VISTA members. Childcare assistance and relocation assistance are available to VISTA members who qualify. Life insurance and 1 year of non-competitive eligibility for federal employment are also available. Some professional development training opportunities are offered and paid for by The Confess Project. You are responsible for your own housing and other living expenses.
The Community Engagement VISTA will be thoroughly committed to The Confess Project mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Strong people skills. Able to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must commit to serving full-time (40 hours) for a one-year term starting on May 13, 2019
Send a resume and cover letter to info(at)theconfessproject.com (Lorenzo Lewis, Executive Director). In the subject line, include the title of the position, "Community Engagement VISTA". There are two more steps to the application process after we receive your resume.
The Confess Project is a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12,311.00 /year
About Our House
302 E Roosevelt Rd, Little Rock, AR 72206, US
Our House empowers homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active participation in the community.
Our House operates an 80-bed shelter, a 39-bed family housing program (18 family rooms), an education and job training center, a licensed child development center, and a feeding program that serves over 45,000 meals per year. Our House also offers additional free services that help people transform their lives. Services include one-on-one case management, after school and summer programs, parenting classes and job search assistance. Our House programs help people become successful members of the workforce, the community, and their own families.
We'll work with your schedule.
200 River Market Ave. Suite 100Little Rock, AR 72201
- Literacy / Reading
- Youth Services
- Website Project Management
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18