Join the Seattle Girls Choir Board
Seattle Girls Choir is currently seeking community members to join our dedicated board of directors.
A Member of the Board of Directors is responsible for ensuring that SGC fulfills its mission by planning for the future, monitoring current operations, and evaluating the organization. A Board Member must fulfill the fiduciary responsibilities of the Board of directors, making corporate decisions that protect the public interest.
- Advance and actively promote the mission of SGC, including contributing ideas and expertise.
- Keep up-to-date on developments in the SGC’s field.
- Be informed about SGC’s mission, services, policies, and programs, as well as inform others about SGC and work to enhance SGC's public image.
- Hire and manage executive staff as appropriate.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance.
- Annually review performance.
- Ensure effective organizational planning.
- Determine and monitor the SGC’s programs and services.
- Participate in the development of a strategic plan to accomplish the mission, oversee its implementation, and evaluate its success.
- Actively participate in all Board activities.
- Attend in person bi-monthly Board meetings.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to Board and committee meetings.
- Serve on a committee (as applicable) and periodically take on special assignments.
- Suggest nominees to the Board who can make significant contributions to the work of the Board and to SGC.
- Assess the Board’s performance.
- Ensure adequate resources.
- Make an annual personally significant financial contribution to SGC.
- Manage SGC resources effectively.
- Carry out the fiduciary responsibilities of the Board, such as reviewing the SGC’s annual financial statements, selecting an auditor, and receiving the auditor’s report.
- Follow conflict-of-interest and confidentiality policies.
Per bylaws, currently 2 years
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Seattle Girls Choir
1910 E. Spruce St., Seattle, WA 98122, US
Seattle Girls Choir provides a robust education in the choral arts, helping girls build skills to succeed in life, and enriching the cultural landscape of the Pacific Northwest.
Seattle Girls Choir is a comprehensive and progressive choral education program with an emphasis on vocal technique, musical literacy, and ensemble performance. We're a community where girls ages 5-18 gain serious music skills while having serious fun!
Our choristers learn the importance of teamwork, and build the necessary confidence and self-motivation to accomplish their goals inside and outside the concert hall.
We'll work with your schedule.
1910 E. Spruce St.SeattleSeattle, WA 98122
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Board meetings are 2 hours bi-monthly. Outside of board meetings, SGC asks that each board member collaborates on projects that support the overall success of SGC, with opportunities to engage occurring frequently throughout the year.