Wellness Coach AmeriCorps
*THIS IS A PAID VOLUNTEER POSITION*
Founded in 1987, Our House is a comprehensive program for the working homeless serving over 2,000 clients annually. Operating on a 7-acre campus in central Little Rock, Our House empowers homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active participation in the community.
Service Position Summary:
The Wellness Coach AmeriCorps Member will serve in Our House’s Career Center which works with over 600 adults each year through employment and training, education, financial empowerment, and health and wellness services. The Wellness Coach AmeriCorps Member will serve to expand our health and wellness services by interacting directly with individuals with barriers to maintaining healthy lifestyles, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to begin making healthier choices, live healthier lifestyles, and have healthier families.
The Wellness Coach AmeriCorps Member will serve to meet established outcomes goals for Our House’s AmeriCorps project, including: successfully connect 250 individuals with health and wellness education opportunities and 150 individuals increase their health knowledge.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Actively assist with participant recruitment efforts and other client engagement strategies for health and wellness programming.
- Create and implement programming that builds health and wellness knowledge and skills and promotes healthier lifestyles through ongoing guidance, coaching, and connection to health and wellness services.
- Connect individuals with services that increase health and wellness knowledge, skills, and access, such as nutrition education, physical fitness, and life skills classes.
- Create programs that focus on various dimensions of Wellness including Emotional, Environmental, Financial, Intellectual, Occupational, Physical, and Social health.
- Communicate and coordinate within the team and across programs to efficiently provide participants with quality programming and services.
- Support clients who are participating in the Our House Wellness Clinic and other Our House services to continue services long-term
- Collect and maintain a record of participants’ participation in health services, administer pre and post-assessments and interpret other related data as outlined by Career Center Manager.
- Use the client database to accurately track, record, and report in a timely manner on the number of adults receiving health and wellness coaching services.
- Participate in AmeriCorps Days of Service and additional service projects as approved by the program director.
- Attend Our House National Service Meetings led by the Our House VISTA Leader.
- Attend weekly Our House staff meetings and other meetings as directed by the supervisor.
- The Arkansas Service Commission has determined that the probability of access to vulnerable populations is so great that all members will undergo required criminal history checks: NSOPW, FBI, and Arkansas State Police, as well as other states, as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: The Wellness Coach AmeriCorps Member will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission. All candidates must enjoy working with adults, have a positive attitude and serve as a role model for all Our House clients.
Academic and Experience Qualifications: High school diploma or GED required; an adult education or social services background and/or relevant college courses preferred.
Service Conditions Service will be performed primarily indoors.
Commitment Required: 40 hours a week for a six (6) month term, for a total of 900 hours.
Orientation and Training:
- On-site Our House orientation
- First Aid/CPR
- AmeriCorps Arkansas Training
- Any other trainings deemed necessary by the supervisor and/or Program Director
AmeriCorps Program Benefits:
- Living Allowance of $7,070 over the course of the term of service
- $3,047.50 Segal Education Award at the end of a successful service term
- Healthcare coverage
- Student Loan forbearance
Evaluation and Reporting:
Member will participate in mid-term and end-of-term evaluation and review. Members will submit their hours on a monthly basis and write quarterly reflections.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $7,070.00 /year
About Our House
302 E Roosevelt Rd, Little Rock, AR 72206, US
Our House empowers homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active participation in the community.
Our House operates an 80-bed shelter, a 39-bed family housing program (18 family rooms), an education and job training center, a licensed child development center, and a feeding program that serves over 45,000 meals per year. Our House also offers additional free services that help people transform their lives. Services include one-on-one case management, after school and summer programs, parenting classes and job search assistance. Our House programs help people become successful members of the workforce, the community, and their own families.
We'll work with your schedule.
302 E. Roosevelt RdLittle RockLittle Rock, AR 72113
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18