*THIS IS A PAID VOLUNTEER POSITION*
Reporting to the Development Director, the Development VISTA will:
- Coordinate two large annual Our House fundraising events plus several outside fundraising events.
- Serve as the point person for event committees.
- Recruit volunteers for various Our House activities.
- Solicit and track in-kind donations and volunteers for events.
- Plan and execute 4 (quarterly) events for the Heart of Our House.
- Coordinate prompt thanking of event donors and volunteers, including thank-you letters, cards, and other communications.
- Assist with other development activities including maintaining donor contact information, analyzing donor information, developing reports, preparing mailings, conducting research, requesting donations, thanking donors, and more.
This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of $12,277 over the course of one year, plus a $5,920 education award or a $1,800 cash stipend at the end of a successful one-year term of service. Health insurance is not available, but some health coverage to help with the cost of co-pays and other medical expenses are available to VISTA Members. Childcare assistance and relocation assistance are available to VISTA Members who qualify. Life insurance and 1 year of non-competitive eligibility for federal employment are also available. Some professional development training opportunities are offered and paid for by Our House. You are responsible for your own housing and other living expenses.
All-year-round VISTAs will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Strong people skills. Able to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must commit to serving full-time (40 hours) for a one-year term
Send a resume and cover letter to vistaleader[at]ourhouseshelter.org. In the subject line, include the title of the position or "Year-Round VISTAs at Our House" if applying to more than one. There are two more steps to the application process after we receive your resume.
Our House is a drug-free workplace.
Founded in 1987, Our House is a comprehensive program for the working homeless serving over 1,700 clients annually. Our House’s mission is to empower homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active participation in the community. Operating on a 7-acre campus in central Little Rock, Our House provides working homeless and near-homeless individuals and families with shelter, housing, job training, education, children’s programs, and more to equip them with the skills to be successful in the workforce, the community, and their own families.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12,277.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
About Our House
302 E Roosevelt Rd, Little Rock, AR 72206, US
Our House empowers homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active participation in the community.
Our House operates an 80-bed shelter, a 39-bed family housing program (18 family rooms), an education and job training center, a licensed child development center, and a feeding program that serves over 45,000 meals per year. Our House also offers additional free services that help people transform their lives. Services include one-on-one case management, after school and summer programs, parenting classes and job search assistance. Our House programs help people become successful members of the workforce, the community, and their own families.
We'll work with your schedule.
302 E. Roosevelt RdLittle RockLittle Rock, AR 72113
- Community Outreach
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 40 Hours a Week