Volunteer Educator - Schools
2 people are interested
The Frazier Museum serves thousands of school children each year with hands-on, engaging Guided Programs. Programming consists of: an interactive class session, thematic gallery investigation and live performance.
Volunteers in this job will donate their time and talents to ensure that Guided Programs for school groups run smoothly and effectively. Volunteers must be welcoming, outgoing and willing to engage with students (grades K-12) and their adult chaperones in a positive manner. Volunteers will assist student groups in the galleries as they work on investigation guides related to their program topic. This process includes: rotating through the galleries to check on student groups (led by chaperones), answering questions and helping groups stay on schedule. Volunteers also have the option to: assist with class sessions and activity preparation as needed / learn to run hands-on stations in the museum galleries.
- Must have an ability to positively interact with students (K-12) and adult chaperones
- Must have interest in history and education
- Great people skills and the ability to maintain a calm, courteous, and professional demeanor with varying personality types
- The ability to work independently and attentively is required.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Selected applicants must complete an In-Service Training and Museum Volunteer Orientation.
About Frazier History Museum
829 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202, US
The Frazier History Museum’s mission is to provide experiences that encourage inquiry as a catalyst for building individual respect and cooperation.
The museum brings history to life everyday through live interpretations by costumed interpreters, multimedia presentations, educational programming and hands-on learning.
Covering 1,000 years of history, the museum’s priceless collection is housed in a 100,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility on downtown Louisville’s historic West Main Street. The Frazier Museum is the only institution to have a partnership with the British Royal Armouries, making it the only museum of its kind in the world.
We'll work with your schedule.
829 W Main StLouisville, KY 40202LouisvilleLouisville, KY 40202
- General Education
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- We ask for an average of one hour a month. After 12 hours, you are eligible for volunteer benefits.
- MUST be available on a weekday.