Volunteer Educator - Public Programming
Volunteers in this job must be willing to donate their time and talent while helping the organization offer fun and engaging hands-on programs for the general public. Volunteers must be willing to interact with both adults and children of the public in a positive and outgoing manner. Programming will be generated by Education staff, so volunteers will need to quickly understand the goal or activity designed for the public and then facilitate its execution.
- Must have a positive attitude and ability to talk to the public.
- Must have interest in history and education.
- Must be willing to interact with children and adults.
- Great people skills and the ability to maintain a calm, courteous, and professional demeanor with varying personality types are key elements of success for this position.
- The ability to work independently and attentively is required.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Selected applicants must complete an In-Service Training and Museum Volunteer Orientation.
Length of Position
- This is an ongoing position.
About Frazier History Museum
829 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202, US
The Frazier History Museum’s mission is to provide experiences that encourage inquiry as a catalyst for building individual respect and cooperation.
The museum brings history to life everyday through live interpretations by costumed interpreters, multimedia presentations, educational programming and hands-on learning.
Covering 1,000 years of history, the museum’s priceless collection is housed in a 100,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility on downtown Louisville’s historic West Main Street. The Frazier Museum is the only institution to have a partnership with the British Royal Armouries, making it the only museum of its kind in the world.
We'll work with your schedule.
829 W Main StLouisville, KY 40202LouisvilleLouisville, KY 40202
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Reading Comprehension
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- We ask for an average of one hour per month. You are eligible for volunteer perks at 12 hours of service.
- MUST be willing to work with the public!