TUMBLEWEEDS FILM FESTIVAL FOR KIDS
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Utah Film Center’s 9th annual Tumbleweeds Film Festival for Kids takes place March 6-15, 2020 with all public events held at The City Library. Tumbleweeds, the Mountain West’s longest-running international film festival for families, presents new, culturally-enriching, curated cinema for ages 4 and up. Audiences will see the best animation and live-action films from around the world, participate in media arts workshops, and explore a variety of activities designed to balance visual content, active play, and critical thinking.
The Festival will take place the weekends of March 6-8 & 13-15, with Festival Field Trips offered in Salt Lake and Utah county free of charge to schools March 9-12.
As you’d expect, we need an unprecedented amount of volunteer help and we invite you to join us for a weekend of fun, creative exploration, and learning! To learn more about the Festival, volunteer benefits, role descriptions, and sign up for shifts, please visit the links below.
As Tumbleweeds is truly an inter-generational festival, we also welcome those who wish to bring their children, grandchildren or nieces and nephews to volunteer alongside them.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you at #Tumbleweeds!
Festival Info: https://www.utahfilmcenter.org/tumbleweeds/twds2020
Volunteer Registration: https://www.utahfilmcenter.org/volunteer/
- One Shift
- 2 vouchers, each redeemable for 1 free admission to any available Festival screening
- Two Shifts
- 1 Festival Pass, valid for 10 tickets to available screenings or workshops of your choice (Passes will be available for pick-up prior to the Festival, so you can enjoy the benefits all Festival long, regardless of when your shifts are actually scheduled)
- Three or More Shifts
- 1 Festival Pass, plus a complimentary 1-year Individual Membership to Utah Film Center
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Utah Film Center
50 West Broadway Suite 1125, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, US
Utah Film Center inspires and engages diverse audiences to initiate conversation and community building through curated film exhibition, educational programs, and artist support.
Utah Film Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, continually strives to bring our community together through the powerful and efficient medium of film. We reach more than 30,000 film lovers annually through:
- Free screenings of documentary, independent, and dramatic films
- Two annual film festivals
- Post-film Q&As and discussions with visiting artists and professionals
- Professional development for teachers to use film and digital media in the classroom
- Programs for students to learn about storytelling through film
- Artist support through fiscal sponsorship
City Library 210 E 400 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111SCERA 600 S 400 E, Orem, UT 84058Viridian 8030 S 1825 W, West Jordan, UT 84088Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Event Management
- Customer Service
- Arts Administration
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- All shifts vary, but range between 2.5 – 4.5 hours