Newhouse Wildlife Rescue: Animal Care Volunteer
3 people are interested
Newhouse Wildlife Rescue is seeking Animal Care Volunteers to join our team and assist with the day-to-day operations of the facility. General tasks volunteers can expect to help with each shift include cleaning cages and enclosures, preparing diets, washing dishes, cage enrichment, sanitizing the rehab area, and more. All Newhouse Wildlife Rescue volunteers must be rabies vaccinated and able to handle difficult situations, including death, that can occur due to the intake of sick and injured wildlife.
- Cleaning indoor and outdoor wildlife enclosures
- Preparing meals and daily diets for patients
- Washing dishes and cleaning cutlery
- Mopping floors and sanitizing the rehab space
- Rearranging cages for enrichment purposes
- Administering medications
- Syringe and bottle feeding infant animals
- Assist in rescues
- Monitor sick and injured animals
- Passion for wildlife rehabilitation and nature conservation
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- High standards of integrity
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and a quick learner
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to perform functions such as standing, kneeling, crouching, bending, lifting and standing for long periods of time
- Must have pre-exposure rabies vaccination and paperwork for proof
- Must be able to work around allergens such as dust, hay and animals
About Newhouse Wildlife Rescue
P.O. Box 596, Chelmsford, MA 01824, US
Our facility provides rehabilitation services to injured, orphaned or otherwise compromised wildlife at no charge. These animals are given more than just a place to rest and recover. They have daily visits from a veterinarian, custom built cages to suite their individual needs, high quality meals and special training to give them the skills they will need in their transition back into the wild.
Our organization was established in November of 2018 and takes pride in being a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. We are dedicated to helping the public in their interaction with wildlife and offer education when needed. The animals we release are treated for any parasites and vaccinated, not only for their well being but for the well being of any humans they may encounter along their travels.
We'll work with your schedule.
P.O. Box 596Chelmsford, MA 01824
- Environmental Education
- Animal Care / Handling
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hours: Shifts are a minimum of 4 hours and can occur between the hours of 7:00 am and 10:00 pm seven days a week. Volunteers must be available at least three days a week. Shifts occur the same days each week. This is a 6-8 month commitment.
- Newhouse Wildlife Rescue is a small nonprofit that needs volunteers who are dedicated and passionate about helping local wildlife. Volunteers should be prepared to invest a substantial time commitment to volunteering at NWR.