13 people are interested
After School Facilitator
13 people are interested
After School STEM Facilitator
Job Location: Throughout the San Gabriel Valley, for example Pomona, Claremont, San Dimas, Hacienda Heights, Whittier, and etc.
The Youth Science Center’s, a non-profit organization, mission is to inform, instruct, and inspire youth of all ages, primarily from disadvantaged communities, to discover the excitement of science and technology by promoting inquiry driven learning through hands-on science activities. The YSC communicates what science is, how scientists and engineers work, and how to apply scientific strategies.
Leads K-8 students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) activities via inquiry science methods for the Youth Science Center’s After School STEM classes. Leads after school STEM classes with at least 15 students from the same or close to the same grade level at various school sites throughout the San Gabriel Valley, for example Pomona, Claremont, San Dimas, Hacienda Heights, Whittier, and etc. Instruction time is 90 minutes once a week for six weeks. Must have reliable transportation.
Because of COVID-19 teaching opportunities using Zoom are also available.
- Facilitates students’ acquisition of conceptual understanding of STEM topics
- Conducts hands-on, inquiry-driven, science activities
- Must have an outgoing personality to make science and engineering fun for students
Other Duties and Requirements
- Picks up materials from the YSC headquarters in Hacienda Heights
- Must be a team player and able to work well with minimum supervision
- Other duties as assigned/specified by management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (minimum qualifications)
- Must have at least 1 year of formal teaching and/or qualifying experience
- Computer literate (email, Word, Google Sheets)
- Good written and communication skills
- Teaching credential preferred, but not required
Interested applicants, please contact Diana Padilla at email@example.com.
About Youth Science Center
16446 Wedgeworth Drive, Hacienda Heights, CA 91745, US
The mission of the Youth Science Center is to inform, instruct and inspire people of all ages and backgrounds to discover the excitement of science and technology through exhibits and programs that promote learning through interaction.
16446 Wedgewoth DriveHacienda Heights, CA 91745
October 4, 2021
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Our classes are 90 minutes a day for 6 weeks at a specific school site and are run on a yearly basis. That is, after the 6 weeks are over, we will continue to run additional 6 week classes at that school site.
- We are looking for individuals who love working with children and have acting or improve experience to make science and engineering fun. PAID POSITIONS are available for those who are committed and show a genuine interest in the position.