Live in Great Falls area and have the skills of training others? Volunteer with Special Olympics!
Special Olympics Montana in the Great Falls Area needs a Training Coordinator; come share your talents with the wonderful athletes, families, and volunteers.
Primary Purpose: The Training Coordinator organizes first-rate sports training opportunities for Special Olympics athletes and coaches in their local Area. This position is the primary liaison between SOMT’s Sports Department and the local AMT. The Training Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all coaches and athletes have the most up-to-date information regarding competition rules and regulations.
- Become familiar with SOI (Special Olympics Inc.) and SOMT (Special Olympics Montana) athlete training and competition requirements and procedures.
- Communicate training and competition expectations to all Local Program Coordinators (LPCs) and coaches.
- Work closely with LPC Manager to ensure that LPCs, coaches, volunteers and athletes in the area are aware of training opportunities.
- In conjunction with SOMT Vice President Sports and SOMT’s Sports Director, provide coaches’ skill guides and SOI sports rules as needed to coaches.
- Communicate with Area coaches to monitor appropriate training techniques.
- Work with the Competition Coordinator to assist with Area competitions, and provide training to volunteers working at competition events.
- Attend at minimum, 8 AMT meetings annually.
- Familiarity with sports and coaching.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with groups, individuals and (SOMT) Special Olympics Montana staff.
- Willing to learn about Special Olympics sports and competition rules and procedures.
- Desire to serve with compassion, respect, and patience.
- Must be willing to complete a National Criminal Records Check.
COMPENSATION: Smiles, hugs, and lifelong friendships! This is a volunteer, non-paid position. Allowable expense reimbursements are available.
BENEFITS: Be part of something great and help individuals with intellectual disabilities train for life through sports. Make friends, open hearts, change lives and be part of the Special Olympics movement.
Volunteers are the Heartbeat of Special Olympics Montana where we serve over 2,000 athletes. To give these individuals the opportunities they enjoy, we need your help. Every volunteer is a potential spokesperson for Special Olympics Montana. Our success is driven by the dedication of our volunteer Management Teams, Area and Local Coordinators, Coaches and thousands of event volunteers. Find out what volunteer opportunities interest you. If you would like more general volunteer information please contact Nancy Undercofler, Outreach Director, by email email@example.com or call 406-564-0522. Check out www.somt.org for further information too.
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Charles Russel Area Special OlympicsGreat Falls, MT 59401
October 26, 2021
- Sports Coaching
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Special Needs
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- It is very flexible.
- Class A Volunteers are required to get a background check.