7 people are interested
Teachers!!! FREE MATERIALS to help you teach your students
ORGANIZATION: Civil Air Patrol Alabama Wing
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
This volunteer opportunity can assist all educators whether paid or volunteer, whether in Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, or Home Schooled. AND Civil Air Patrol Squadron Members are available to help you!!!
How many volunteer opportunities provide you the resources that Education Excellence. There are also $250 grants available from the Air Force Association. This is not an opportunity you want to miss. Plus we need you to use our program.
PLUS TEACHERS GET FREE ORIENTATION RIDES IN OUR AIRCRAFT WITH OUR TRAINED PILOTS!!!
Educators outside Alabama contact CAP NHQ at: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/aerospace-education/join-as-an-aem
The Corona Virus does not change the opportunities teachers can use in the classroom through the Civil Air Patrol and many resources are perfect for virtual with lesson plans already prepared.
Join as an Aerospace Education Member (AEM) of Civil Air Patrol (CAP) and enjoy many free aerospace/STEM educational opportunities ranging from receipt of a variety of curriculum materials and STEM Kits to participating in a teacher orientation flight aboard one of our Cessna aircraft at your local airport. This unique membership category is designed for formal or informal educators involved in promoting aerospace/STEM education in classrooms, homeschools, museums, libraries, or other youth organizations. To learn more about membership and opportunities available to CAP educator members, check out the full Educators Page.
Alabama Educators - public, private and homeschool!!! If you are looking for free aerospace/STEM lesson plans, activities, textbooks, products and programs to use in any classroom, after-school or enrichment program, we hope CAP will have something to help you! Our products and programs can be used across disciplines and in both core and elective studies. Visit the Aerospace Education Member Information link here: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/aerospace-education/for-educators/aem.
Through CAP's award-winning MARS program, educators are offered:
- Free national standards-based aerospace education materials for youth organizations, museums, and K-12 public/private/parochial/home schools
- The K-12 Aerospace Education Excellence (AEX) Award program that can be integrated in the classroom or used as a stand-alone after-school or camp program
- The K-6 Aerospace Connections in Education (ACE) program for schools
- Low-cost aerospace textbooks that can be purchased for grades 6-12 from Vanguard (Aerospace: The Journey of Flight textbook-CAP0038D-and six Aerospace Dimensions modules-CAP0037D- and educator guides)
- Aerospace education newsletters full of current and useful information
- Teacher Orientation Program (TOP) flights in powered aircraft at local airport
- Aerospace-oriented workshops
- Aerospace education speakers and resources nationwide
- A selection of STEM Kits to use and keep
All of this for a one-time $35 membership fee and free annual renewal! Click here to learn more about how to join as an Aerospace Education Member (AEM) OR contact Alabama Wing CAP Director of Aerospace Educaation, MAJ LYNN KOEHLER AT firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
About Civil Air Patrol Alabama Wing
111 South Kuter Street, Building 711, Maxwell AFB, AL 36112, US
Mission/Vision Statement Volunteers Serving America’s Communities, Saving Lives, and Shaping Futures Core Values Integrity, Volunteer Service, Excellence, and Respect.
Established in 1941, Civil Air Patrol is the official auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force and as such is a member of its Total Force. In its auxiliary role, CAP operates a fleet of 555 single-engine aircraft and 2,250 small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) and performs about 90% of all search and rescue operations within the contiguous United States as tasked by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center. Often using innovative cellphone forensics and radar analysis software, CAP was credited by the AFRCC with saving 108 lives last year. CAP’s 56,000 members also perform homeland security, disaster relief and drug interdiction missions at the request of federal, state and local agencies. As a nonprofit organization, CAP plays a leading role in aerospace education using national academic standards-based STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education resources. Members also serve as mentors to over 23,000 young people participating in CAP’s Cadet Programs.
Visit www.CAP.News or www.GoCivilAirPatrol.com for more information.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 11, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Must be at least 18
- Depends on your availability an schedule. You schedule in your classroom setting. After becoming an AE member you gain access to all the materials needed to assist you in your school setting.
- You can also participate in our TOP program, Teacher Orientation Program. You have the opportunity to fly with one of our CAP Pilots. Not mandatory but what a great opportunity to take back the science of flying to take back to your classroom.