Medical Staff Needed for LGBTQ Youth Summer Camp! (RN, MD, EMT, LNP, Students)
2 people are interested
Camp Brave Trails is a leadership focused summer camp for LGBTQ teens! We are looking for medical professionals who are passionate about LGBTQ youth health. Have the time of your life and change a life! Volunteer for one, two, or more weeks!
- Medical Staff (RN) - Camp Brave Trails has 2-3 medical staff (MD, RN, LPN, EMT) on site at all times. This position is paid $750/weekly + Room & Board. The medical team provides basic medical needs to our campers & staff througout our camp session. This teams ability to work together to provide our campers quality care is critical to the success of our programming. Must be knowledgeable or willing to learn LGBTQ youth matters and medicine. Must be very comfortable working with and treating transgender, gay, lesbian, bisexual, queer, and questioning children and adults. Must be comfortable giving injections (insulin, testosterone, etc).
- Medical Assistant - Camp Brave Trails has 2-3 medical staff (MD, RN, LPN, EMT, Medical Students) on site at all times. The medical team provides basic medical needs to our campers & staff throughout our camp session. As the Medical Assistant, you will support two RNs in providing our campers quality care which is critical to the success of our programming.
About Brave Trails
1251 HI POINT ST, LOS ANGELES, CA 90035, US
The Brave Trails Mission is to provide lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth and their allies, ages 12-20, innovative, impactful summer camp programs that foster meaningful relationships and develop 21 st century skills to become the leaders of tomorrow.
Brave Trails uses summer camp to prepare ambitious youth for long-term success. Our programming focuses do developing campers in four key areas: Leadership, Community Building, Self Realization, and Service . With these skills, youth will be primed to thrive in their schools, workplace, and personal life. In addition, youth will have the knowledge and confidence to implement innovative social change in their communities. Brave Trails uses workshops, activities, service projects, and positive role models to create a safe space where youth can thrive.
Camp Brave TrailsLos Angeles, CA 90034
- First Aid / CPR
- Children Medical Services
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 or 2 Week Commitment + 3 Days of Training
- Must be passionate about and knowledgeable of LGBTQ people, culture, terms, and issues. Must be 21 years old or older. Complete the Volunteer Application & Interview. Must pass a government fingerprint test & criminal background check.