VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION- GRANT RESEARCHER
STRIVE4You is seeking an individual to fulfill an important and meaningful role as we pursue grant funding for our projects and administration. In this position the individual will be immersed in our grant research. The individual will provide essential research for the development of our grant application strategy, and maintain our database
At STRIVE4You our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation, while educating professionals to better serve their clients. The STRIVE4You website will be coming soon at www.strive4you.org.
- Gain experience in grant research in nonprofit development.
- Work collaboratively on multiple projects that would have a meaningful impact on STRIVE4You’s ability to carry out our mission.
- Help a nonprofit achieve its mission of serving people with disabilities.
- Researching available and applicable grants
- Data entry and time-lining for grant proposals
- Research, retrieval and assembly of background material for grant proposals
- Updating the grant database system for the organization.
- Hold regular meetings with the Director of Development.
- Experience in grant research and writing required.
- A minimum of a three-month commitment, at least 10 hours a month (but no maximum).
- Strong time-management, organizational, detail oriented and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience researching on the internet; creatively searching to locate information
- Ability to enter data accurately and efficiently per established guidelines
- Ability to self-motivate, stay on task and work independently.
- Respectful of confidentiality of STRIVE4You’s donors and clients.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
POSITION TIME REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate is available a minimum of 10 hours a month.
This is an unpaid position; course credit arrangements are gladly negotiated. Volunteers are highly valued members of the STRIVE4You’s team and contribute to making a significant difference in STRIVE4You’s ability to reach the end users. STRIVE4You will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.
Additional: This volunteerism/internship is an excellent opportunity to gain insight into the not-for-profit sector. This is a ground level experience working in a startup non-profit. This is also a great chance to develop above-entry-level skills.
300 Berkley Drive Apt A10, Madison, TN 37115, US
At STRIVE4You our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation, while educating professionals to better serve their clients; achieving an inclusive society for all.
Through our services and peer to peer programs we STRIVE each and every day to Achieve an inclusive and more productive society for all. We achieve this goal through our core principles of strength, training, recreation, inspiration, vitality, and empowerment (STRIVE).
Our programs include life skills and advocacy educational classes for transition aged youth, inclusive physical education classes for children of all ages, recreation and sports programs for people with disabilities, advocacy training. and peer to peer life coaching and mentoring from successful people of all abilities to assist them through their individual situations.
We also provide consulting, professional development opportunities, and outreach services to professionals in communities across the United States. These services are in the form of webinars, online courses, in-person hands on workshops, and trainings at conferences. All trainings are conducted by experienced qualified professionals eager to empower our communities through inclusive and quality education, to promote lifelong learning for all