Head Start Assistance
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where811 West Jericho Turnpike Suite 103WSmithtown, NY 11757
HELP PREPARE CHILDREN FOR SUCCESS IN SCHOOL!
Do you enjoy the energy and enthusiasm of a preschool age child? Would you like to help prepare these children for success when they enter grade school? Head Start serves children who are at risk and their families by offering enrichment activities for pre-school age children.
Activities include: Helping childrn discover the joy of reading through story telling, using flash cards and other materials to help children identify letters, words, numbers, shapes and colors; providing guidance as the children put puzzles together and finger paint; teaching skills for daily living such as brushing teeth, tying shoes and habits of hygiene.
Terms: Volunteer must be at least 55 years of age, Car Required
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Love Computers? Love People? We...
- Feeling Good Exercise Program
- Assist seniors confused by...
- Head Start Assistance
- Computer Connections Program...
- Clerical Support Positions
- Training Leaders
- RSVP volunteers as Literacy...
- Love to Talk? Be a Telephone...
- Assist in giving a frail senior...
- Computer Installers,...
- Speakers Bureau