International Services Restoring Family Links - Outreach "Service To The Armed Forces"
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
The purpose of this position is to expand Restoring Family Links service delivery to clients who have been separated from family members in other countries due to armed conflict, migration, disasters, or other humanitarian emergencies. Team members will be responsible for supporting and developing of the outreach strategy, expanding community awareness and resources, developing new contacts and volunteers and, effectively serving all clients and partners. Demonstrate commitment and understanding of the Fundamental Principals of the Red Cross international network.
- Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of an outreach strategy.
- Identify key agencies, religious groups, schools, community groups, non-profits, media contacts, and form sustainable partnerships to promote and benefit our services and widen our scope of referrals and resources.
- Expand community awareness and resources
- Develop new volunteer and community contacts
- Work with Red Cross divisions/regions to share knowledge, support relationship building, and verify existing partnerships.
- Identify successful stories to promote RFL services.
- Familiarity with the Restoring Family Links program and International Services, how these services fit with American Red Cross Domestic programs and why it is important to your audience. (Preferred)
- Desire to support the American Red Cross humanitarian mission through reconnecting separated families. (Required)
- Ability to work independently with diverse populations, in a culturally competent manner and to embody the Red Cross fundamental principles including impartiality and neutrality. (Required)
- Excellent communication skills (Required)
- Experience in public speaking, presentation, or training (Preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, familiarity with social media tools and resources (Required)
REQUIREMENTS: (Training provided by the American Red Cross)
- Orientation to the American Red Cross (online)
- Introduction to Restoring Family Links (online)
- Restoring Family Links Casework Course (online or in-class)
- Outreach workshop or online course
- On-The-Job Training and shadowing RFL Lead or other staff/volunteers
Email, text or call Juana Zapata, Recruitment Specialist at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org (951) 205-6689
About American Red Cross - Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Dr. Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
6235 River Crest Dr. Suite ARiverside, CA 92507, CA 92507
- Teaching / Instruction
- Public Relations
- Sales Process
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Available to support at least one event or activity per month, attend RFL meetings as scheduled and support upcoming event research on personal schedule.
- Three online courses and on-the-job training