What's Really Important
3 people are interested
Our Banner Hospice Volunteer Program is looking for compassionate people who want a fulfilling way to help improve the lives of members of their community. Typical volunteer opportunities include visiting patients in their home: private home, group home, or assisted living community; and to provide:
- Companionship - hold a hand, listen to cherished memories, play music, read aloud, pat a shoulder, give a hug, and touch a heart.
- Respite for caregivers - stay with the patient while the caregiver gets out for a few hours to run errands or attend medical appointments.
- Errands - grocery shopping
- Light house-keeping - tidy up immediate area to make it safe and comfortable
- Administrative - help in our office with bereavement services, data input, filing, etc.
- We Honor Veterans - provide companionship for our Veteran patients and participate in recognition ceremonies.
There are so many ways you can make a difference in the life of another. We are sure that no matter which area you choose, you will enjoy being a part of Banner Hospice’s family of volunteers.
About Banner Hospice
275 E. Germann Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85297, US
Make health care easier, so life can be better
Hospice is a philosophy of care that provides specialized health care for people nearing the end of their life. If someone has a terminal illness or, has decided not to pursue further curative care, and want to focus on comfort and quality of life, hospice care may be right for them. Banner Hospice vows to support quality of life, honor the wishes of our patients and families, provide symptom management with a focus on dignity, as well as support services for patient and their family.
1234 Main StSun City, AZ 85351
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-16 hours per month