Volunteer at our Morning Soup Kitchen!
19 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers on Sunday mornings from 5:00 am to 8:00 am for our morning soup kitchen.
Preparing and serving breakfast for people in our community experiencing food insecurity is an awesome, fulfilling way to spend a weekday morning! Interfaith Community Services staff and volunteers can use your helping hands with our morning soup kitchen operated every day of the year. This position is available as a one-time or ongoing service experience.
- All volunteers under the age of 18 must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all time
- This is a one-time or ongoing commitment.
- 5:00 am to 7:30/8:00 am
- Assist cooks with meal planning and food preparation
- Prepare ingredients by washing and chopping
- Pre-cook food items, if necessary
- Inspect food for quality
- Make sack lunches
- Serve food
- Package all foods into conveniently located containers
- Assist with clean-up in the kitchen (doing dishes) and dining area prior to, during, and after service
- What to Wear: Please wear closed-toe shoes, pants or shorts, tee shirt or whatever shirt you prefer. Wearing layers is a plus -- the kitchen may be cold at first, but quickly warms up. Bring a hat (such as a baseball cap), or you will need to wear a hairnet Interfaith provides.
Training and Support:
- Detailed instruction and continued supervision provided by volunteers and staff
- Enthusiastic, friendly, welcoming (with a BIG smile) personality required.
- Strong work ethic and not afraid of doing a few dishes.
- Willing and able to take direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience cooking/preparing food a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Résumé building experience
- Be part of our community dedicated to ending hunger in North San Diego County
- See the positive results of your contribution of time and talents
About Interfaith Community Services
550 West Washington Ave., Escondido, CA 92025, US
Interfaith Community Services empowers people in need to stabilize and improve their lives through comprehensive programs, in partnership with diverse faith communities and people of compassion.
Interfaith is the largest social services agency in North San Diego County from the coastal City of Oceanside to the inland communities south and east of our Escondido headquarters. We empower people in need to stabilize and improve their lives through our comprehensive programs. We are able to support our community thanks to the dedication of hundreds of diverse faith communities, thousands of volunteers, and over 140 dedicated staff.
We'll work with your schedule.
550 West Washington AveEscondido, CA 92025
- Cooking / Catering
- Customer Service
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Sunday mornings, from 5:00 am to 8:00 am
- Share your enthusiasm for food and serving those who are hungry! Ability to manage kitchen.