Drama/Theater Teacher for Youth
Help our club members (ages 6-18) learn the art of drama and theater! Have fun while you lead the next generation of actors and actresses through performances and readings!
- Regular attendance, dependability, and punctuality.
- Teach club members about plays and the history of drama.
- Assist club members in creating their own dramatic pieces.
- Direct performance rehearsals and assess youth’s performance as needed.
- Assist in determining the equipment and material needs for program activities.
- Supervise and foster a safe and nurturing environment for youth during the program.
- Report all member and parent concerns to the site director.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Background or experience in theater is required.
- Interest in working with youth.
- Mandatory background check/fingerprint clearance.
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments.
- Attend volunteer training sessions as prescribed.
- Be willing to communicate regularly with program staff, submit activity information, and take constructive feedback regarding activities.
- Able to accept and execute instructions from staff.
- BGCMLA does not accept court-appointed volunteers.
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF METRO LOS ANGELES
800 S FIGUEROA STREET SUITE 950, LOS ANGELES, CA 90017, US
To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
At BGCMLA, we are wholly committed to maximizing our Clubs’ potential to serve more kids, more often, and to build strong, sustainable organizations.
We'll work with your schedule.
Watts Willowbrook Clubhouse1339 E. 120th StreetLos Angeles, CA 90059
January 7, 2020
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Theater Arts
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Every Monday
- Background in theater/drama.