Retired Volunteer Needed in Sunnyside on Sunday afternoons!
2 people are interested
Our Friendly Visiting program matches volunteers with seniors who need a friend!
What do Friendly Visiting volunteers do?
- Meet for 1 hour once per week
- Grab a coffee
- Go to the movies
- Enjoy a stroll in the park
- Play board games at home
- Assist with pet care, if you wish!
About Sunnyside Community Services
43 - 31 39th Street, Sunnyside, NY 11104, US
Sunnyside Community Services' mission is to enrich the lives of Western Queens' residents by providing caring, quality services to meet their social, health, educational, and recreational needs and thereby strengthen our multicultural community.
Sunnyside Community Services is a settlement house serving over 18,000 youth, seniors, homebound persons, new immigrants, and families each year. Our vision is to be a pioneer in the provision of integrated services that address the changing, complex needs of the community.
49th StreetSunnyside, NY 11104
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask that you visit with your senior for an hour once per week.
- All volunteers will: engage in an in-person interview, undergo a background check and two reference checks.