Be an AOG Food Pantry Volunteer!
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
We are looking for individuals to help operate our newly expanded food pantry! Volunteers will be supporting staff by operating our food pantry which includes inventory, clean up, and assisting clients in the food pantry.
Our food pantry is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Volunteers can choose one shift time during one of those days for 3 months.
- Maintaining and updating food pantry inventory list on ipad
- Maintaining cleanliness of the food pantry facility
- Opening and closing the food pantry by the designated time set by staff
- Ensure that the food pantry is locked and secured at the closing of each day
- Establishing a welcoming and comforting environment for clients throughout their shopping experience at the food pantry
- Assisting staff in the processing of food pantry donations
- Must be available during the open food pantry dates and times
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Comfortable assisting individuals and families during their shopping experience
- Good communication skills
- Must be comfortable operating the food pantry with other volunteers
- Comfortable using an ipad or comfortable being trained on new technology
- Must be consistent and reliable
- Must have great customer service skills
If interested please complete our Volunteer Application: http://www.123formbuilder.com/form-5178967/aog-volunteer-application
11:30 AM to 02:30 PM
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
02:00 PM to 04:45 PM
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Atlantic Outreach Group
2421 westwood ave, Suite A, Richmond, VA 23230, US
Atlantic Outreach Group strives to empower vulnerable communities by connecting them to resources necessary for their success.
Atlantic Outreach Group (AOG), is a community based 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to empowering individuals and families by connecting them to resources needed for their success. We assist those that are overwhelmed by physical, mental, emotional, social and financial challenges, by providing resources that assist in making positive sustainable changes in their lives.
We understand the importance of having a network of support that shares in our mission to help those in need in under-serviced communities. Our dedication to creating partnerships to assist in providing wrap-around support services, is key to our success. AOG strives to bridge the gap in services needed and those available by offering referrals to reputable outside agencies as well as internal programs to individuals and families.
We'll work with your schedule.
This opportunity has 2 shifts
2421 westwood aveSuite ARichmondRichmond, VA 23230
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Food Service
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers must commit to one shift for one day a week for 3 months.