Logistics Committee Chair
The Logistics Chair serves as the primary lead for all Walk-day logistical needs. This position will assemble a Subcommittee to ensure to ensure that all event day components, including the start/finish line, opening ceremony and walk route are well-planned and that participants have an excellent event experience from parking lot to the finish line.
- Meet with the Event Chair, Co-Chair and Staff Partner to develop a plan and timeline that ensures volunteer recruitment goals and all day-of logistical needs are met.
- Recruit and train Logistics Subcommittee members, whose main responsibilities are to assist with providing a seamless event experience and maximizing the vent's capacity.
- Manage Logistics Subcommittee meetings/check-ins to monitor progress and ensure everyone is on target to meet their goals.
- Work with the Event Chair to coordinate all vendors, including table and chair rentals, tents, portable restrooms, transportation, equipment, balloon arch, start/finish line, staging and route needs.
- Work with the Sponsorship Chair to secure in-kind donations including water, refreshments, and other critical onsite needs.
- Recruit and organize onsite volunteers to ensure there is enough support for key event areas.
- Ensure Walk route is exciting, motivational, entertaining, and safe.
- Implement exciting start and finish line experiences, including the Thank-You Brigade.
- Plan for overall setup and breakdown of the vent. Ensure that all supplies, materials, and equipment are delivered to the Walk on time and promptly removed after the event.
- Ensure day-of volunteers and Logistics Subcommittee members are appropriately recognized.
About Alzheimer's Association Tennessee Chapter
478 Craighead Street, Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37204, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association Tennessee Chapter has offices in these cities; Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Kingsport and Memphis. We have a team of volunteers across the state leading the way in program delivery, fundraising and advocacy.
7625 Hamilton Park DriveSuite 6Chattanooga, TN 37421
- Community Outreach
- Problem Solving
- Project Management