RSR Board Member
Role: To serve as a voting member of the Board of Directors
- * Attend and participate in monthly board meetings.
- * Participate actively in one or more committees of the board. Provide feedback and input to committee reports.
- * Attend scheduled board retreats, planning meetings, workshops and other board development activities.
- * Attend, support and participate in at least two signature organizational events, the annual holiday event, and the fundraising gala.
- * Ability to check your organizational email several times per week and respond in a timely manner.
- * Show passion in furthering the mission of Ruff Start Rescue(r).
- * Stay informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, and programs.
- Engage actively in strategic and policy-making decisions.
- * Make a personal annual financial contribution of at least $1,000 and assist the organization in finding additional donation sources.
- * Participate and support any capital campaigns.
- * Follow developments in community, economy, government, etc., that may affect the organization.
- * Promote the organization to others and participate in fundraising.
- * Build working relationships that contribute to consensus.
- * Suggest nominees to the board who can make significant contributions.
- * Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities by ensuring adequate financial resources; oversee financial and risk management.
- * Select, evaluate, appoint and, if necessary, terminate the Executive Director.
- * Monitor the community and professional image of the organization and provide feedback to the board and leadership.
- * Board members have no individual authority separate from the board.
- * Board members are expected to support decisions of the board, regardless of personal desires and/or opinions.
BOARD MEMBER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- * Devote adequate time to faithfully perform the responsibilities of being a board member.
- * Set policies for organizational operation.
- * Establish fiscal policy and boundaries, including budgets and financial controls.
- * Provide adequate resources for the activities of the organization through a commitment to fundraising.
- * Develop and maintain a communication link to the community by acting as an advocate.
- * Ensure that the organization's Articles and Bylaws are being followed.
- * Be familiar with the organization's goals, objectives and programs.
- * Read preparation materials prior to each board meeting.
- * Make sure the organization keeps a written, permanent record of all board official actions.
- * Be certain the organization is fulfilling all aspects of its nonprofit and tax-exempt status.
- * Know the budget, budget process and financial situation of the organization.
- * Pursue action if there are warning signs that something is wrong.
- * Ask questions concerning those policies, practices, issues, and circumstances you do not understand.
- * Insist on meaningful board meetings with full disclosure of operating results.
- * Require the organization to engage competent legal counsel.
- * Require all committees to make reports at the board meetings, when appropriate.
- * Authorize appropriate indebtedness for major programs.
- * Avoid conflicts of interest.
- * Review the organization's insurance program.
How to apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "RSR Board Member" in the subject line.
**Candidates who do not follow application instructions and/or do not send all requested documents will not be considered .**
About Ruff Start Rescue
12526 319th Ave, Princeton, MN 55371, US
Ruff Start Rescue is dedicated to saving animals whose lives are at risk. We also educate the community about the importance of animal rescue and responsibility. www.facebook.com/ruffstart
Who We Are & How We Do It
We are a foster based animal rescue based out of Central MN. We are a No-Kill dog and cat rescue organization. We rescue stray, neglected, abandoned, and surrendered dogs and cats as well as ferrets, guinea pigs and rabbits. We all work very hard to place them in new loving homes. We have a facility in Princeton for staff and supplies, but we operate throughout all of central MN. In fact, we have most of our fosters in the twin cities and surrounding areas.
This group could not survive without all of our wonderful volunteers who spend countless hours devoting time to save lives. Most volunteers work full time jobs, have children, their own animals, etc and have a very busy schedule. So if your phone calls or emails are not answered by a live person right away, it’s probably because we are at work and will call you as soon as we can.
More info at: http://www.ruffstartrescue.com/info/index
12526 319th AvePrinceton, MN 55371
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Planning
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-7 hours per month. Board meetings rotate monthly between New Hope, MN and Princeton, MN