9 people are interested
Support Specialist at St. Anthony's Tech Lab!
ORGANIZATION: St. Anthony Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
DEPARTMENT: TENDERLOIN TECH LAB
Our mission is to provide residents of the Tenderloin with important technology and vocational skills that increase opportunities for employment, access to essential community resources, and connections with family and friends.GUEST ASSOCIATE VOLUNTEER DESCRIPTION
Under the supervision of the Program Assistant, the Tech Lab Guest Associate volunteer works to identify and address needs and goals of Tech Lab guests. This position involves direct customer service with guests: setting a welcoming, respectful tone, ensuring a positive tech lab experience for guests, following guidelines and adhering to policies while also helping create a harmonious and pleasant environment.
The Guest Associate Volunteer is the initial contact for guests of the Tech Lab and will also be the person to help our guests sign-in to our Wi Fi Lounge. The ideal volunteer candidate is very comfortable meeting and interacting with people from diverse backgrounds, including individuals experiencing homelessness, trauma, substance use/abuse/recovery, mental and physical health challenges, learning disabilities, and other challenges that can cause barriers to learning or access to computers and technology. The guests value relationship building with the volunteers.
Want to learn a lot about yourself and others? Consider applying to join our team as a volunteer!DUTIES & TASKS
- Provides direct customer service with guests: setting a welcoming, respectful, and ensuring presence.
- Answer quick tech related questions.
- Administrative skills e.g. Answering office phone, assisting guests with copying, faxing, printing, and scanning.
- Organizing files and office documents.
- Cooperation with staff, guests, and volunteers.
- Protect confidentiality of the personal information shared as part of tutoring, the privacy of our guests/students, and not share such information with other parties.
- Periodic check-ins/ debriefs via phone, email, or in person with Program Coordinator if ever necessary.
- We will be providing educational materials for volunteers to read so they can learn about social justice issues. (Digital literacy, homelessness, and those living in the low-income bracket)
- Minimum age 16.
- Can translate/ speak any of these languages: Spanish, Cantonese/ Mandarin, Russian, Arabic, Vietnamese, and Tagalog.
- Punctuality and consistency.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and experience: including problem resolution, conflict management, and customer service.
- Experience serving or ability to engage with diverse and low-income populations, many of whom have experienced homelessness, substance abuse and/or trauma.
- Strong computer skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, data entry, data search, and internet research.
- Ability to function with grace and humor in a demanding environment.
- Ability to be polite, tactful, and firm with guests the program serves, including the ability to maintain professional boundaries at all times.
Attend a shift once a week for a minimum of 3 months.
- Monday-Friday: 9AM - 12PM
- Monday, Wednesday-Friday: 1PM-4PM
We will contact you after we review your application. This position will require a brief interview.
About St. Anthony Foundation
121 Golden Gate Ave;;, San Francisco, CA 94102, US
In the Tenderloin’s struggle with poverty, addiction, and mental illness, St. Anthony Foundation has been a beacon of consistency, companionship, and caring for more than 70 years. We are a place of Hope, a gateway to Stability, and a source of Renewal. We embrace every person’s human dignity, walk with them throughout their journey, and never give up on them.
At St. Anthony’s, we have served those most in need in our city since 1950 from our home in the Tenderloin. It is our mission to recognize every person’s dignity and to serve them with the respect they deserve, no matter who they are.
We provide a broad range of services to meet people where they are. On a regular day, we serve more than 1,500 meals in the Dining Room - close to 47 million meals over the last 72 years. Our Free Clothing Program, the largest of its kind in San Francisco, provides 14,000 outfits each year; the Medical Clinic provides 9,000 primary and specialty care visits to 2,500 individuals and families annually; our Tenderloin Tech Lab, the neighborhood’s only free technology center offers 3,000 hours of access and training yearly.
We don’t consider the impressive numbers of people served a sign of success. While we are called to help people experiencing poverty with their immediate needs, our objective is to cater to the whole person and to empower them to achieve lasting, positive change in their lives. In this context, we think of our basic services as a gateway to stability. We invite people to change their lives, not just our guests, but also our volunteers. We believe that in giving, we receive and in doing so, we heal our community. When we can find change in our hearts, we can change our world.
150 Golden Gate AvenueSan FranciscoSan Francisco, CA 94102
August 16, 2022
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3 month minimum. Weekly shift preferred, but not required.
- Please note that all volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination at their first shift. https://www.stanthonysf.org/volunteer/specialized-apply-ttl/