DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Guest Associate at St. Anthony's Tech Lab!
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
DEPARTMENT: TENDERLOIN TECH LAB
Our mission is to provide residents of the Tenderloin with important technology and vocational skills that increase opportunities for employment, access to essential community resources, and connections with family and friends.GUEST ASSOCIATE VOLUNTEER DESCRIPTION
Under the supervision of the Program Assistant, the Tech Lab Guest Associate volunteer works to identify and address needs and goals of Tech Lab guests. This position involves direct customer service with guests: setting a welcoming, respectful tone, ensuring a positive tech lab experience for guests, following guidelines and adhering to policies while also helping create a harmonious and pleasant environment.
The Guest Associate Volunteer is the initial contact for guests of the Tech Lab and will also be the person to help our guests sign-in to our Wi Fi Lounge. The ideal volunteer candidate is very comfortable meeting and interacting with people from diverse backgrounds, including individuals experiencing homelessness, trauma, substance use/abuse/recovery, mental and physical health challenges, learning disabilities, and other challenges that can cause barriers to learning or access to computers and technology. The guests value relationship building with the volunteers.
Want to learn a lot about yourself and others? Consider applying to join our team as a volunteer!DUTIES & TASKS
- Provides direct customer service with guests: setting a welcoming, respectful, and ensuring presence.
- Answer quick tech related questions.
- Administrative skills e.g. Answering office phone, assisting guests with copying, faxing, printing, and scanning.
- Organizing files and office documents.
- Cooperation with staff, guests, and volunteers.
- Protect confidentiality of the personal information shared as part of tutoring, the privacy of our guests/students, and not share such information with other parties.
- Periodic check-ins/ debriefs via phone, email, or in person with Program Coordinator if ever necessary.
- We will be providing educational materials for volunteers to read so they can learn about social justice issues. (Digital literacy, homelessness, and those living in the low-income bracket)
- Minimum age 16.
- Can translate/ speak any of these languages: Spanish, Cantonese/ Mandarin, Russian, Arabic, Vietnamese, and Tagalog.
- Punctuality and consistency.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and experience: including problem resolution, conflict management, and customer service.
- Experience serving or ability to engage with diverse and low-income populations, many of whom have experienced homelessness, substance abuse and/or trauma.
- Strong computer skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, data entry, data search, and internet research.
- Ability to function with grace and humor in a demanding environment.
- Ability to be polite, tactful, and firm with guests the program serves, including the ability to maintain professional boundaries at all times.
Attend a shift once a week for a minimum of 3 months.
- Monday through Friday: 8:30AM - 12:45PM
We will contact you after we review your application. This position will require a brief interview.
About St. Anthony Foundation
121 Golden Gate Ave;;, San Francisco, CA 94102, US
In the spirit of the Gospel, inspired by the joy and compassion of Francis and Clare of Assisi, in solidarity with all who hunger and thirst for justice and peace, and together with those we serve, our mission is to feed, heal, shelter, clothe, lift the spirits of those in need, and create a society in which all persons flourish. This mission is guided by five values: healing, community, personalism, justice, and gratitude.
In 1950, Fr. Alfred Boeddeker, a Franciscan friar in San Francisco, had a vision for a place where anyone could find a hot meal, a friendly face, and a helping hand. He created a place where people in need could enjoy a meal in community with others. Today, we provide Essential Services since food, clothing, shelter, safety, and hygiene are human rights, Health Care because every person should have access to quality medical care and recovery services, and Options for a Brighter Future since everyone should have access to technology, as well as the chance to learn valuable skills and find productive work that earns livable wages.
In addition to these important things that we bring to the community, here at St. Anthony’s we affirm that we are called to accompany our guests along their journey to achieve the results they desire, whether that is a single clean load of laundry, for example, or a year-long stay with us to recover from a substance use disorder.
150 Golden Gate AvenueSan FranciscoSan Francisco, CA 94102
August 24, 2021
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3 month minimum. Weekly shift preferred, but not required.
- Please note that all volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination at their first shift. https://www.stanthonysf.org/volunteer/specialized-apply-ttl/