- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Each day The Doorways plays host to around 150 guests from around the world. Help us brighten their day and ease their stress by providing and/or serving a meal with us. All ages are welcome for this volunteer activity. All ages are welcome to come and serve a meal. This is best for groups of volunteers between 5-15 people.
- Breakfast/ Brunch - This opportunity is available on weekends only. Volunteer groups of 5-15 people will prepare, serve, and clean up the meal. Be prepared to serve to around 30-40 people. The menu, along with all the food and beverages are the responsibility of the volunteer group. All food must be prepared in a commercial kitchen. The Doorways will supply a commercial kitchen for use along with all the pots, pans, utensils, and cleaning supplies. Meals can be served anytime between 8:00AM - 1:00PM. All ages are welcome.
- Dinner - Available on all days, volunteer groups of 5-15 people will prepare, serve, and clean up dinner for our guests. Be prepared to serve around 50-60 people during the week and 40-50 on the weekends. The menu, along with all the food and beverages are the responsibility of the volunteer group. All food must be prepared in a commercial kitchen. The Doorways will supply a commercial kitchen for use along with all the pots, pans, utensils, and cleaning supplies. Dinner is served at 6:30PM. All ages are welcome.
- Prepared Meals - Interested in providing a meal, but can't make the meal times? Individual groups as well as volunteer groups of 5-15 people can provide prepared meals for our guests. The meals can be for breakfast, lunch or dinner, but must be prepared in a commercial kitchen. Volunteers are welcome to use The Doorways facility and resources to make the meal. All meals must be placed into individual containers, dated and put in our walk-in refrigerator for guests to enjoy.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Doorways
612 E MARSHALL ST, RICHMOND, VA 23219, US
To provide lodging and support for patients and their loved ones who need to be close to the hospital but not far from the feeling of home.
Serving over 9,000 guests from around the world each year, The Doorways is the nation's third largest hospital hospitality house. We provide a critical service that ensures everyone has access to the life-saving medical care, treatments, and surgeries they need while facing an illness. With 116 rooms, 6 kitchens, laundry facilities, lounges, and other amenities our guests will find a healing, emotionally supportive environment in a place where community generosity and compassionate care come together.
We'll work with your schedule.
612 E. Marshall StreetRichmond, VA 23219
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Each meal lasts between 2-3 hours including prep time, service, and clean up. Groups are invited to stay longer and host an activity, game, or craft with the guests.
- All food served must be prepared in a commercial kitchen. Waivers are needed from all participating volunteers. Specific times and dates for meal service must be confirmed by Doorways staff.