The Alzheimer’s Association provides a variety of education, information, support services, and advocacy to persons with dementia, their families, healthcare professionals and the community. As the number of persons affected by Alzheimer’s disease escalates, there is an increased demand for programs and services. With this demand, the Alzheimer’s Association also requires more funding to provide these needed services.
This intern position is needed to assist with the Alzheimer’s Association’s signature events, the Walk to End Alzheimer’s(r) and The Longest Day(r).
This Internship is unpaid and reports to the Development Managers of each event.
Essential Job Functions: Job functions will vary based on semester and the timeline/tasks associated with that time frame.
* Be knowledgeable about mission of the Alzheimer’s Association and how Walk to End Alzheimer’s and The Longest Day fuels that mission.
* In coordination with Walk Manager, develop a plan of action to ensure logistical needs are met both prior to and during event.
* Work to secure in-kind donations including water, refreshments, food, entertainment and other critical onsite needs.
* Coordinate vendor contracts including; table and chair rentals, tents, portable restrooms, transportation, equipment, decorations, start/finish line, staging, and signage.
* Assist in outreach to donors, businesses, sponsors, and volunteers by phone and mail for engagement in the Association’s signature events
* Assist with mailings and package assembly
* Attend designated and promotional local Association events, event wrap-around event and assist staff as necessary
* Tackle area strategies through research
* Data entry and clean up
* Other duties as assigned
About Alzheimer's Association Tennessee Chapter
478 Craighead Street, Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37204, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association Tennessee Chapter has offices in these cities; Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Kingsport and Memphis. We have a team of volunteers across the state leading the way in program delivery, fundraising and advocacy.
7625 Hamilton Park DriveSuite 6Chattanooga, TN 37421
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- During regular business hours of 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday; Flexible Schedule with a minimum of 10-15 hrs per week. Length of Commitment: Spring Semester (January-May) Summer Semester (June-August) Fall Semester (September-Decem
- Students who apply must currently be enrolled as a full-time student at a college or university. Preferred majors: Communications, Marketing, Hospitality Management, Parks and Recreation (not required additional majors will be considered).