Are you looking for a high-impact leadership position at a Bay Area non-profit? Are you detail-oriented, self-starter with a flare for records, process, and documentation?
Ace Makerspace (formerly Ace Monster Toys) is an East Bay makerspace in Oakland, currently supporting COVID-19 relief efforts. During normal operations, we offer shared workshop spaces, tools, resources, classes and support making events and outreach in the community. With the current COVID-19 crisis, we are refocusing our resources, spaces, and volunteers to provide direct assistance to the community, supporting programs for making and distributing masks, face shields, and other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for healthcare providers and others affected by this crisis.
The Secretary serves ACE as a key member of the officers' team and as the official Secretary for Ace Makerspace Inc. This is a leadership position. Along with the other officers, they help set the vision and goals of the organization and execute policies towards these goals. They promote volunteerism as a vital part of ACE’s culture. He/she/they:
- maintains the list of Members of Ace Makerspace, which is done through the website
- manages all documentation
- creates meeting agendas, takes minutes of meetings and publishes them
- maintains filing systems including institutional knowledge and any necessary specifics of private issues
- checks our mail and files or distributes it if needed to the responsible party
- ensures all legal documentation is filed in a timely manner
- assists with grant applications and fundraising efforts
- receives and processes donations and makes sure any in-kind donators receive the appropriate receipts, in coordination with the Treasurer
This position is ideal for self-starters looking for a leadership position where they can learn more about non-profit management and operations. Previous secretary, legal, administrative experience is a plus but not required.
This position is expected to contribute 12 hours or more per month to fulfill the responsibilities and duties and receives a stipend of approx. $300.00 per month (before taxes). When we are not social distancing, this position generally requires on-site support for ~1 hour/week, and other work can be done remotely.
About ACE MAKERSPACE
6050 LOWELL ST STE 214, OAKLAND, CA 94608, US
Promoting and encouraging technical, scientific and artistic skills through social collaboration, education and individual projects.
Ace Makerspace (formerly Ace Monster Toys) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit member supported organization founded in 2011. We support traditional makers and craftspeople as well as hackers both digital and material. Our community brings together people of diverse skill levels by providing resources and culture to build networks; co-work; and engage in projects that benefit individuals and the community at large. The resources we develop include spaces and a wide variety of tools and supplies to support making and learning.