Mentor a Refugee Family
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Do you want to be a friend to refugee family in your community?
We are currently looking for individuals or groups of 2-3 people to help refugee families settle in the United States. Mentors assist refugee families by working towards attaining self-sufficiency in several areas:
- Practicing English
- Providing extended cultural orientation
- Assisting with community integration
- Working towards short term goals
- Some examples of short term goals:
- help clients apply for learner's licenses
- help apply for Texas state id
- help clients open bank accounts
- help clients enroll children in head start programs
To become a mentor, you need to attend an orientation and clear a background check. Mentors are required to spend a minimum of 1.5 hours with their mentee family per week. The mentorship lasts a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Refugee Services of Texas - Fort Worth
1500 Circle Drive, Suite 200, 1800 Circle Drive in Aug 2012, Fort Worth, TX 76119, US
Working in partnership with faith based communities, businesses and volunteers we provide our new refugee arrivals with resources, referrals, education and guidance to ensure their successful and self-sufficient lives in Texas.
A professional agency dedicated to providing quality resettlement to refugees and other displaced peoples from around the world
We'll work with your schedule.
4200 South Freeway Suite 320Fort WorthFort Worth, TX 76115
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- To become a mentor, you need to attend an orientation and clear a background check. Mentors are required to spend a minimum of 1.5 hours with their mentee family per week. The mentorship lasts a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months.