Kentucky Board Member
ORGANIZATION: Gift of Adoption Fund
Please visit the new page to apply.
Since 1996, the Gift of Adoption Fund, a 501c3 national charity, has given away more than $12.6 Million in adoption assistance grants, reaching over 4,250 children with the gift of family. Our mission is simple, yet impactful. We provide adoption assistance grants to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children - giving them permanent families and the chance to thrive. No other charitable initiative delivers the transformational impact of adoption for such a small investment -- not just for the child served, but for generations following.
The Gift of Adoption Fund is organized into Chapters. Right now we are in 26 (and counting!) states, and we are looking to increase our board membership in many major metro areas across the US. Our Chapter Board members focus on 4 key areas: Awareness, Fundraising, Events, and Foundations.
We are looking for Board Members who:
- Are passionate about children, family, and adoption.
- Are business leaders in their field and connected to large personal and professional networks of philanthropically minded people.
- Enjoy outreach, relationship management, development, fundraising, and communications.
-Have strengths or an interest in event planning and execution, social media, influencer and foundation outreach and corporate partnerships.
- Are looking to leverage their network to create new partnership opportunities and increase the donor base in the state.
- 10+ years of professional experience and/or community leadership.
- Previous experience with event planning, grant-writing, working with foundations, and/or fundraising.
- Expanding the donor base in your local market and meeting/exceeding a personal give/get goal.
- Attending and contributing to monthly conference calls, and any local market event or online experience that the Chapter hosts.
This is a non-compensatory, all-volunteer state chapter board role. We ask our Board Members to serve 3-year terms and invite one new board member to the team each year they serve. Our Chapter Board role is impactful. Reach out today to start a conversation about how you can make a difference.
About Gift of Adoption Fund
1200 Shermer Road, Suite 111, Northbrook, IL 60062, US
Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
We believe a child without a family is one of life's great tragedies because a child without a permanent home suffers. Orphanages and foster homes do not offer permanent solutions for the millions of children who need families. All children deserve the dignity and love that comes from being a part of a family. Gift of Adoption is committed to creating those families. Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
Through Gift of Adoption, you can give time and donations to support adoption.
Even if you can't open your home, you can open your heart and transform the life of a child.
Can be located anywhere in the stateLouisville, KY 40026
May 31, 2022
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- On average between 8 and 10 hours per month.
- 10+ years of professional experience, passion for adoption.