We're sorry, this opportunity no longer exists.
Gift of Adoption Fund has 103 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Save the life of a child. Help start a family. Board Members wanted in Indiana...
ORGANIZATION: Gift of Adoption Fund
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Are you looking to evolve your purpose in life? Consider joining a board for a non-profit that is driven by a singular mission with a huge impact:
The Gift of Adoption Fund seeks to fill the void that separates child from family through adoption completion grants, giving vulnerable children a permanent home and the chance to thrive.
Gift of Adoption is a national 501(c)(3) that provides the final funds that prospective adoptive parents need to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children from within the U.S. and from around the world.
Networking and fundraising are the primary responsibilities of board members.
To fundraise, we organize fun social events, online campaigns and more. The board currently consists of professionals who volunteer their time and connections to further the cause. You can live anywhere in the state but are expected to participate in monthly calls and, ideally, quarterly in-person meetings. 100% of the money we raise goes directly to completing families' adoptions in your state.
We are a team of smart, dedicated (and, we like to think, fun!) people who believe that a loving family is a basic human right.
We are looking for Board Members who:
- Are passionate about volunteering to help children.
- Have creative fundraising ideas and the motivation and social network to make them happen!
- Are connected to and/or interested in outreach to the local business community.
- Enjoy connecting people and finding partnership opportunities.
- Are comfortable reaching out to their network of family and friends about a good cause.
- Have strong communication skills, and are highly organized.
- Want a volunteer opportunity that makes a permanent difference!
We expect that you will:
- Help plan and attend fundraising events.
- Work with the other board members to collectively raise money to fund adoptions.
- Participate in one board call a month.
- Attend a quarterly in-person meeting.
-Make a personal donation each year that you serve on the board, and meet a fundraising goal.
- Help recruit other board members to join the mission.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
Reach out to us today with the following information:
- Why are you interested in the Gift of Adoption?
- Where in the state are you located?
- What unique quality could you bring to our organization?
And please note that this is a volunteer, un-paid position. Our Board Members typically serve 3-year terms. Click the links below for more information!
About Gift of Adoption Fund
1200 Shermer Road, Suite 111, Northbrook, IL 60062, US
Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
We believe a child without a family is one of life's great tragedies because a child without a permanent home suffers. Orphanages and foster homes do not offer permanent solutions for the millions of children who need families. All children deserve the dignity and love that comes from being a part of a family. Gift of Adoption is committed to creating those families. Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
Through Gift of Adoption, you can give time and donations to support adoption.
Even if you can't open your home, you can open your heart and transform the life of a child.
Anywhere in INIndianapolis, IN 46220
March 8, 2022
- Child Welfare
- Public Relations
- Business Development
- Event Planning / Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- approx. 5 hrs/month; 3-year term
- (desired) 10+ yrs prof work experience, fundraising experience, event planning experience