Help out at a Girl Scouts event at the Tower Bridge!
Join us for the second annual Girl Scout Capitol Bridging event in May 2020! Girl Scout sisters of all levels will join in a time honored tradition and bridge across the local iconic Tower Bridge. Participating in this special event is an amazing way for girls to get back to the roots of Girl Scouting and a great opportunity for each of them to show their Girl Scout pride and celebrate their years accomplishments. This is our second annual event and we will have hundreds of girls bridging!
We are seeking adult volunteers to help with check-in, crowd management, event and space management, parking assistance, setup/cleanup.
Organized and able to communicate clear instructions
Help provide a safe space where participants can learn, grow and make memories
Encourage girls to try new activities, work as a team, and think outside the box
Assist girls at various activity stations, including with older Girl Scout Program Aides
Replenish supplies throughout the day
Support event set-up and clean-up, registration, and surveys
Must be over 18 years old
Must be able to volunteer for the full event
Able to walk and stand for 3 hours
Benefits of volunteering in this role:
- Gain experience supporting group activities for children
- Work in a diverse setting with an emphasis on building girls’ knowledge in leadership, service and the outdoors
- Be a champion for girls as they develop a lifetime of leadership skills and confidence
- Expand your professional network; list volunteer work on LinkedIn and be recognized for your contributions and service
- Students: This position is eligible for community service hours (Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.)
Location: West Sacramento and Old Town Sacramento
About Girl Scouts Heart of Central California
6601 Elvas Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95819, US
Building girls of courage, confidence, and character that make the world a better place.
Girl Scouts is the world’s most successful organization dedicated to creating girl leaders, with 3.2 million active members and more than 59 million alumnae. Since its founding in 1912, women have explored new fields of knowledge, learned valuable skills and developed strong core values through Girl Scouting. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
At Girl Scouts, girls are going to have tons of fun, make new friends and go on fantastic new adventures. They’re also going to get the chance to do big things. Our program centers on something called the Girl Scout Leadership Experience-a collection of activities and experiences girls have as they earn badges, sell cookies, go on exciting trips, explore the outdoors, do Take Action projects that make a difference and more. The result? A lifetime of leadership!
West SacramentoWest Sacramento, CA 95691
- Youth Services
- Event Planning / Management
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- One day, 5 hour shift, must be able to volunteer for the full shift
- Volunteers must be 18 years old or older and able to walk/stand for the majority of the day.