2 people are interested
Represent Tillamook County in Senior Advisory Council
ORGANIZATION: Monmouth NorthWest Senior and Disability Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
NorthWest Senior and Disability Services is currently accepting applications from volunteers interested in serving as a Senior Advisory Council member representing Tillamook County.
For an application or more information please contact:
Zaira Flores Marin, Bilingual Council and Volunteer Coordinator
What you'll do:
- ADVICES NWSDS EXECUTIVES ON ISSUES related to Medicaid, Medicare, long term services and supports, elder abuse, senior nutrition and health, and more
- INSPIRE CHANGE to programs that serve the disability community
- ADVOCATE for policies and legislation that affect people with disabilities
- NETWORK with other leaders and local and state government officials
- Submit an application and complete an interview
- Attend a minimum of one meeting prior to joining
- Complete a background check (which may include fingerprints)
- Reside in the county being represented
- Serve a 2 year term
- Meet in Salem, with teleconferencing and travel arrangements available upon request.
- Commitment in representing the interest of seniors
- Experience and background in working for the betterment of the lives of seniors
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to think objectively and express ideas
- Willingness to devote time and energy to Council activities
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Interest in planning, policy development, and advocacy activities
About Monmouth NorthWest Senior and Disability Services
Monmouth Senior Center, 180 Warren St S, Monmouth, OR 97361, US
"The mission of NorthWest Senior & Disability Services is to promote dignity, independence and health: honor choice & empower people."
NorthWest Senior & Disability Services (NWSDS) is a local intergovernmental agency that was created in 1982. Designated as the Area Agency on Aging for Clatsop, Marion, Polk, Tillamook and Yamhill Counties. NWSDS is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and arranging services for seniors and people with disabilities in these five counties.
Funds for the operation of NWSDS and its programs come from the federal and state government, as well as from community groups and individual donations. NWSDS also relies heavily on dedicated and compassionate volunteers who serve in the following programs:
- Meals on Wheels
- Senior Dining Centers
- Oregon Money Management Program
- SHIBA (Medicare Counselors)
- Peer Mentoring Program
- Advisory Councils
PLEASE CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE WONDERFUL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES OFFERED AT NWSDS.
5010 E. Third St.Tillamook, OR 97141
September 22, 2022
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of approx 3 hour commitment once a month for meetings and 3-5 hours per month for emails, readings, reviewing meeting materials, and other activities.
- Background Check (which may include fingerprints) Must be at least 18 Applicants must complete an application.