2 people are interested
Special Olympics in the Bozeman Area needs your help! Raffle Coordinator needed. Join us!
2 people are interested
Special Olympics in the Bozeman Area is searching for an organized and driven Raffle Coordinator. Come join our mission of inclusion today!
PRIMARY PURPOSE:The Raffle Coordinator plays an instrumental role in raising funds for Special Olympics athletes and area programs by coordinating fundraising efforts specific to the MTN/Chevy Raffle. The Raffle Coordinator is the primary contact for all raffle activities for the Area Management Team and will oversees all raffle fundraising efforts and committee related work.
- Fundraising Plan: Work with the Fundraising Coordinator to develop annual goals related to the MTN/Chevy Raffle.
- Raffle Coordinator Recruitment & Oversight: develop raffle best practices; coordinate selling dates and locations for local teams; help recognize local businesses who support team raffle ticket selling dates.
- Reconciliation: work with Area Director to collect funds and raffle tickets and ensure that the funds match raffle tickets sold; submit to SOMT staff who oversee raffle fundraiser.
- Committees: Serve on Special Events committees as needed and offer assistance to ensure success.
- Meetings: Provide progress reports on Team Raffle Fundraising progress vs. Annual Fundraising Plan at monthly AMT meeting.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: Good organization and record-keeping skills. The capacity to engage others in the planning and process of coordinating raffle sales. Ability to supervise and effectively delegate to other volunteers. The ability to communicate openly and in a timely manner. Must complete Class A volunteer application and screening process through Special Olympics Montana.
TRAINING PROVIDED:New volunteer orientation and sport-specifc training provided by Special Olympics Montana staff. Ongoing training provided annually.
COMPENSATION:Smiles, hugs, and lifelong friendship! This is a volunteer, non-paid position. Allowable expense reimbursements are available.
BENEFITS: Be part of something great and help individuals with intellectual disabilities train for life through sports. Make friends, open hearts, change lives and be part of the Special Olympics movement.
Volunteers are the Heartbeat of Special Olympics Montana where we serve over 2,000 athletes. To give these individuals the opportunities they enjoy, we need your help. Every volunteer is a potential spokesperson for Special Olympics Montana. Our success is driven by the dedication of our volunteer Management Teams, Area and Local Coordinators, Coaches and thousands of event volunteers. Find out what volunteer opportunities interest you. If you would like more general volunteer information please contact Nancy Undercofler, Outreach Director, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406-564-0522. Check out www.somt.org for further information too.
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Big Sky Area Special OlympicsBozeman, MT 59715
October 26, 2021
- Data Entry
- Special Needs
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-5 hours a week depending on the season.
- Class A Volunteer Paperwork is required.