ST LOUIS AQUARIUM AT UNION STATION FOUNDATION
Education Volunteers will be trained to educate Aquarium guests about aquatic species, local ecosystems and waterways, and water/habitat conservation. Volunteers may be asked to perform the following duties:
* Help educators in the Aquarium classroom(s) prepare supplies for school group programs and/or lead school groups on tours of the Aquarium exhibits .
* Help keep education classrooms organized and prepped for the next session
* Assist in the Conservation & Education Center at the hands-on exhibits, the Welcome Desk, provide help/guidance with the exhibits and digital components, keep exhibits clean and in working order (report any exhibit malfunctions to designated staff), monitor the Fish Draw activity, etc.
* Interact with guests utilizing one of the conservation carts in the CEC to teach about the items on the cart (topics may include animal teeth, claws, shells, or bones; recycling/water heath; training will be provided).
* Assist with communications with schools to prepare them for their upcoming visit, or assisting with outreach efforts to inform schools about the H20 Friends program (free programs/field trips for underserved schools).
About ST LOUIS AQUARIUM AT UNION STATION FOUNDATION
201 S. 18th St., ST LOUIS, MO 63103, US
As the nonprofit partner to the St. Louis Aquarium at Union Station, the Aquarium Foundation engages the community through access and education programs, serving as the region's recognized voice for water stewardship.
St. Louis Aquarium Foundation's core initiatives are to provide free Aquarium admission to underserved youth through the H 20 Friends program (Help To Our Friends); to deliver aquatic-themed, STEM-based conservation education programs and classes for schools and teachers; to help guests find out how to "take action" in local water conservation efforts through the interactive exhibits in the free-admission Conservation & Education Center; and to engage the community and further the educational reach of our programs into the community and our waterways through a robust volunteer program.