Social Media Manager for Democracy Project
democratism seeks a Social Media Manager to develop and oversee our social media strategy, to increase audience size and engagement. The candidate will produce and promote content for our social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, as well as new and emerging platforms.
* Be ready to develop a deep understanding of the project and follow news and social media on relevant topics for the purpose of creating content and interacting with social media community/audience
* Proactively lead social media content planning initiatives
* Plan, monitor, strengthen, and maintain presences on key social media channels
* Monitor posting types and frequency, community engagement, and metrics to analyze performance
* Write and schedule organic social media posts across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with an eye for new platforms
Skills & Experience:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently, and as part of a team with varied skill levels in social media
* 2 years minimum experience in social media execution and strategy
* Strong knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
* Ability to supervise other volunteers as necessary
You should also support our mission to empower the people to shape the future. (The goal of the project is to establish popular election of the president and proportional representation in congress, and to do so by a vote of the people.)
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
democratism inc, New York, NY 10024, US
Our mission is to advance the power of the people to shape the future.
Democratism educates the public about ways to make government and other social systems more democratic. We launched and promote the Democracy Decree, which aims to establish government by consent of the governed in the United States, by instituting direct election of the president and proportional representation in Congress.