Bolingbrook 2020 MDA Office Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
At MDA, we search for volunteers who will embrace and align with our mission, vision, and values which are shared below.
Our Mission: To save and improve lives of people fighting muscle disease as we: find treatments and cures; support families; and rally communities.
Our Vision: At the Muscular Dystrophy Association, we’re driven by our passion to create a world free of the harmful effects of muscle disease.
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
Office Volunteers are responsible for greeting and providing information to clients, donors, volunteers and to assist the MDA staff.
- Greet, welcome, and direct visitors
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude, ensuring that guests are given a quality experience at MDA offices and on the phone.
- Answer office telephone, providing information and/or forwarding calls to appropriate staff
- Receive and process mail and deliver packages as needed
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Volunteers typically serve pre-scheduled, consistent shifts during the work day.
- Shift times vary by office. The appointed volunteer coordinator for the district office will provide more details. Shifts can be coordinated to fit your schedule.
- Online Orientation
- HIPAA Training (annually)
- Technology Use Policy (if applicable)
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Enjoys meeting new people and interacting with others
- Understands the MDA Mission
- Possesses excellent customer service skills
- Organized and comfortable multi-tasking
- Customer service background (preferred)
- Completion of criminal background check (annually)
- Availability on a consistent basis
About Muscular Dystrophy Association
550 E. Boughton Rd., Suite 230, Bolingbrook, IL 60440, US
The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is a voluntary national health agency--a dedicated partnership between scientists and concerned citizens aimed as conquering neuromuscular diseases that affect more that a million Americans.
The local MDA office is avalible to serve anyone with one of the over 43 neuromuscular diseases in the Association's program. MDA today is one of the world's leading voluntary health agencies fostering research and medical care. Programs supported by your local MDA office include, clinics, summer camp, support groups, and research. The Association receives no government or United Way funding.
We'll work with your schedule.
Bolingbrook Office550 E Boughton RdSuite 230Bolingbrook, IL 60440
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Groups/company volunteers are not required to submit a background check. Volunteers are able to volunteer once prior to submitting to a background check in order to make sure this is good fit for them regularly.