Board of Directors - Member (resident of Durham-NC)
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Alliance of Disability Advocates seeks to add to our growing Board of Directors.
Be a member of not-for-profit board board that provides leadership and oversight for a Center for Independent Living.
Primary focus on this membership drive:
- Self-identify as an individual with a disability
- Durham-based resident
- While we are always mindful of particular skill-sets such as finance, development, legal and fundraising, we are open to professionals of all backgrounds who are excited to help serve consumers with disabilities
- One board meeting per quarter (meetings in our Raleigh-based headquarters)
- Additional committee assignments, as needed
Visit www.adanc.org to learn more about Alliance of Disability Advocates
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Alliance of Disability Advocates
3725 National Drve, RALEIGH, NC 27605, US
Our mission is to serve all North Carolinians with significant disabilities to ensure that they live independently in a barrier-free community of their choice through consumer-controlled, self-directed services.
We are a Center for independent living providing programs and services that promote and support independent living for people with disabilities. We provide individual and systems advocacy, information and referral, independent living skills training, peer mentoring and support and assistance with community inclusion. Our services are offered at no charge to consumers. We serve Raleigh, Durham and surrounding areas.
We do not compromise on these non-negotiable principles that guide our decision-making:Service
We don’t reach goals for individuals; we teach the skills that allow them to do for themselves.Inclusion
We advocate for individuals with disabilities to be included in integrated environments in the classroom, employment, housing, leadership roles, and in discussions that impact their lives and the disability community.Respect
Individuals with disabilities should have the right to control their own lives and make decisions about what’s best for them. We believe every individual can be independent.Dignity
We advocate for equal rights and access, not special treatment.Empathy
"Disability" is not a negative word. It means we are more adaptable. We are proud of who we are, and the barriers we have overcome have only made us stronger.
We'll work with your schedule.
Durham,NC areadurham, NC 27708
- Strategic Planning
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Orientation or Training
- Board Meetings are once per quarter. Additional time commitments vary based on self-directed activities / committees.
- Preferable: 1) Resident of Durham, NC; 2) self-identify as an individual with a disability