Technology Tutor for Seniors in El Cerrito, CA
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Are you a tech-savvy individual looking to spend time with a senior and make a direct impact? Our Tech Tutor Volunteers work one-on-one with seniors and teach them how to use current technology and the tools that enable them to stay connected with family and friends and improve their quality of their life.
Schedule: Monday and Wednesdays from 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Commit to a weekly tutoring shift
- Help a senior learn how to use their laptop, smartphone, tablet or e-reader
- Act as a resource and guide, helping them learn how to find resources and information
- Work closely with Eden staff and report on any issues or get support when needed
- Understand how to use basic technology: laptops, smartphones, and email.
- Previous technology tutoring experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience working with seniors is preferred, but not required.
- Patience and an ability to explain things simply to someone who did not grow up being immersed in technology.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive personality and demeanor.
You will LOVE working with this age group; helping them get online and connected with family and friends and their passions. Tech Tutors will gain insight into the life and experience of a senior as well as the reward and satisfaction that comes from helping an older person connect to others, become more engaged to the community and learn new skills.
Tutors must commit to one shift per week for at least three months. Shifts are Monday and Wednesdays from 3:00pm-5:00pm
About Eden Housing, Inc.
22645 Grand Street, Hayward, CA 94541, US
Eden Housing, Inc. builds and maintains high-quality, well-managed, service-enhanced affordable housing communities that meet the needs of lower income families, seniors, and persons with disabilities.
Eden Housing, Inc. is a California non-profit corporation founded in 1968 by six community activists who were concerned about the lack of non-discriminatory, affordable housing in Northern California. These volunteers began by rehabilitating older homes in Hayward for first time homebuyer families. In the mid-1980s, Eden Housing incorporated an affiliated property management company, Eden Housing Management, Inc. (EHMI), which currently provides quality onsite management and maintenance for more than 8,500 affordable homes throughout California. In the mid-1990's, Eden Housing expanded its scope to include the provision of free onsite support services and programs for its residents.Our services include technology programming; "green" resident education; youth academic, enrichment and recreation programs; programs for seniors and persons with disabilities; financial literacy; job/career preparation; and health and wellness programs for all ages.
Today, Eden has a portfolio of 8,500 units at 130 properties across 15 counties in California. Eden develops new construction and acquires and rehabilitates existing properties to preserve them. During the past 47 years, over 65,000 people have come home to an Eden Housing community. At Eden Housing, we have more than 20,000 households on our waiting list and a portfolio-wide vacancy rate of 1%, demonstrating a huge demand for our work.
We'll work with your schedule.
10860 San Pablo AvenueEl Cerrito, CA 94530
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Schedule: Monday and Wednesdays from 3:00pm-5:00pm