20 people are interested
Volunteer Coach @ Baylands Golf Links
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
Mentor youth and make a positive difference. Be part of a supportive community. Learn coaching and leadership skills. Join our team as a Volunteer Coach!
Why Volunteer - Benefits and impact of volunteering
Make a positive impact by providing participants the tools to build character. Meet like-minded people and develop a strong community. Learn and develop new skills including coaching, communication and leadership.
Requirements - What your responsible for
Assist in delivering our life skill and golf skill curriculum through golf games. Provide a supportive, safe, and positive experience for our participants. Commit 2.5 hours a day, once a week for an 8-lesson season. Choose from several class options by season, location, day of week, and time. Help at least 2 of 4 seasons and at least 6 of 8 lessons each season. Attend a 2.5-hour life and golf skill mentor training prior to each season. No golf experience necessary!
Curriculum - what we teach
We seamlessly integrate our life skills and golf skills curriculum in interactive and fun ways to strengthen character for success in life. Participants learn to show respect, collaborate with others, build positive self-identity, make good choices, pursue goals, and overcome challenges as well as to enjoy playing ready golf anywhere. We teach our teens about college, careers, and community service and all interested participants about STEM through golf.
Coach Approach - how we teach
Kids become a better version of themselves when they have the space to be who they are, surrounded by passionate people who guide them to see what they are capable of. We provide a supportive, safe, and positive environment where relationships can form and participants feel empowered and included. We make learning fun by providing activity-based experiences where participants learn and apply our life and golf skill curriculum through games. Additionally, we deliver process-focused coaching that encourages mental growth.
We welcome Junior Volunteers! Junior Volunteers must at least be in 9th grade and must be an active participant, or have been a First Tee participant.
Become a Volunteer:
Visit our website, www.firsteesiliconvalley.org, click on the volunteer then click the "get started - join us" button to begin the onboarding process. Thank you for giving your time and talents to our participants!
About FUTURE TALENT OF SILICON VALLEY dba First Tee - Silicon Valley
1401 Parkmoor Ave, Suite 125, SAN JOSE, CA 95126, US
First Tee - Silicon Valley develops youth through golf. We enable kids and teens to build the strength of character that empowers them through a lifetime of new challenges. By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with a life skills curriculum, we create active learning experiences that build inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that kids can carry to everything they do. We make our programs accessible to youth of different backgrounds and perspectives and affordable to families experiencing financial hardship.
Our programs fall into one of three categories - Classes, School and Opportunities.
- Course Program - We offer four seasons of 8-week sessions for 5-hours per week at Rancho del Pueblo GC (San Jose), Baylands Golf Links (Palo Alto), and Gavilan College Golf Course (Gilroy). All sessions are organized by grade groups 2-4, 5-6, 7-8, and 9-12 to keep peers together. We teach all of our life skills and golf skills to each grade group and help participants self-manage their development.
- School Program - We equip teachers and after-school partners to deliver our life skill and golf skill curriculum in their setting. We focus on low-income areas and Title 1 Schools and transition of students to our on-course program.
- Opportunities - We give our long-term teens special life and leadership experiences as well as scholarships to recognize outstanding achievements.
Since 2005, we have served over 89,876 kids and teens on-course, in-school, and after-school.
1875 Embarcadero RoadPalo Alto, CA 94303
August 24, 2023
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours per week for an 8-lesson season + Training
- SportsEngine background & SafeSport Training required as well as interview & application required.